2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We all seen this coming for days, I always hope for the best but this seemed to be about more them just this commit. Saban wanted to send a message.

Advertisement
Not gonna win every battle but Mario and mirabal will get the line right. That much I’m certain of.
Not only this but ****, we were battling Middle Tennesse state for commits at this time last year and for 15-20 years and talking ourselves into how they were hidden gems..... get in the right battles versus the right teams and win some. No shame in losing some of them either.

This may a be a situation of being careful what you wish for. I understand that this kid is rated a 4 star and you can’t teach size. But someone else on here pointed out that they discussed him with someone watching him at a camp recently and that he was a “turnstile” at OT.

This would not be a surprise to me having seen the prep school football competition up front and close. Kids that play there are not the same size as this kid, nor are they of the same athleticism and drive in football. Most of these kids are privileged youth from the northeast who’s parents are captains of industry. Imagine being 6 foot and 225 and being a dominate DE against most teams that are in the prep school circuit. That is most often what the competition looks like. And here comes a 6’6” kid with size and weight and of course he dominates the other side of the ball…as he should.

How is this going to translate against real competition? Against a kid from the inner city that sees football as the escape to a better life? Against a kid that is of equal height and 255 and is lightening fast? I may be wrong in my assessment, but if playing against kids from Choate, Kent, Andover, Exeter, Hotchkiss, etc. is any indication of this kid’s ability and the ranking is relying on this, I would be skeptical of him contributing right away, especially on the outside.

May not be too big of a loss, especially at Bama’s expense. I might be wrong but I would much rather have a kid competing in SC that has equal size with a basketball background which requires moving one’s feet. My $0.02.

Advertisement
He doe
This may a be a situation of being careful what you wish for. I understand that this kid is rated a 4 star and you can’t teach size. But someone else on here pointed out that they discussed him with someone watching him at a camp recently and that he was a “turnstile” at OT.

This would not be a surprise to me having seen the prep school football competition up front and close. Kids that play there are not the same size as this kid, nor are they of the same athleticism and drive in football. Most of these kids are privileged youth from the northeast who’s parents are captains of industry. Imagine being 6 foot and 225 and being a dominate DE against most teams that are in the prep school circuit. That is most often what the competition looks like. And here comes a 6’6” kid with size and weight and of course he dominates the other side of the ball…as he should.

How is this going to translate against real competition? Against a kid from the inner city that sees football as the escape to a better life? Against a kid that is of equal height and 255 and is lightening fast? I may be wrong in my assessment, but if playing against kids from Choate, Kent, Andover, Exeter, Hotchkiss, etc. is any indication of this kid’s ability and the ranking is relying on this, I would be skeptical of him contributing right away, especially on the outside.

May not be too big of a loss, especially at Bama’s expense. I might be wrong but I would much rather have a kid competing in SC that has equal size with a basketball background which requires moving one’s feet. My $0.02.
He doesn’t DOMINATE. Okun and Kinsler dominate. This kid stands up too high on most snaps. I said it a while back in this thread he not that impressive and was 👀 at funny.

You guys really think mario would tell a recruit he is only going to play him at OG and not get him signed and locked in before deciding where to play him? Bama will start a guy off where he is needed most and move him later if its best for the team. Look at Evan Neal

Sorry but that makes no sense. Especially the week he’s committing.
Yeah don’t understand how this is being put out by so called experts. I follow the flo team. I think they’re great. But this is a trash take. There’s no way in **** the Sunday before a kid is committing we’re hitting his line saying “yeah you’re a guard. Sorry buddy”

Especially at a position like o line which is basically musical chairs in college…. And for my dolphins 🤣

Advertisement
He doe

He doesn’t DOMINATE. Okun and Kinsler dominate. This kid stands up too high on most snaps. I said it a while back in this thread he not that impressive and was 👀 at funny.
You are furthering the point if he isn’t dominating and the competition is weak, then why were we after him in the first place? I would say that maybe they see upside in the kid and perhaps he is coachable. That is ultimately what we need in 3 years from now.

But I think all of us are looking for this giant turnover of the OL and I don’t see this kid being that. Samson, kid has size and feet that move super quick. No one will disagree that he is the most ready out of any of the kids that we are recruiting and could probably step in after a strong spring I needed. After that, Kirkland needs a body transformation and is at least two years off. Freeling needs to add weight (hopefully mostly muscle), not familiar on Kinsler or Tripp as I haven’t watched their film and Frankie is a work in progress that is several years away from contributing.

I would even say that Mauigoa looked like a kid that outmatched his competition given his size but looks a bit stiff to play tackle at the next level at this moment. I think that he could be an immediate contributor at gaurd and a future OT when he gets more flexible through training.

But Alinen is not in the category with Samson and Francis and I don’t think that this is a huge recruiting loss, especially to Bama. Most kids from the prep school league play at small D-III programs like a Union College or Skidmore and the tops ones go to Ivy League teams like Brown or Cornell.

Advertisement
Sorry but that makes no sense. Especially the week he’s committing.
Are we still in this one? Sorry if you already addressed it and I missed it. Was up all night goggling Joana Prado after catching up on the Davi thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back