2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Y’all put that stinky *** Peter Ariz juju on this recruitment with the thread title and now we finna get what we deserve for that smh

i respect your concern, canefan. Weve all had to live through a whole bunch of lean years! That's why PTSD is very real on this board.

I bumped the VolunTears thread about 4 days before Mr. Mauiago made his commitment public, and that caused claims that I jinxed it, I caused bad juju, and I was the reason he wasn't going to choose the Canes. Mods included.

Well, he chose the Canes.

Sometimes things go for us, sometimes they don't. I hope I wont be crying over it because we now have Mario (and Alonzo) here who can get a reasonable alternative even if this here thread title causes Alinen to go elsewhere.

Sound reasonable?

ResizedP_4e83a108-adbd-40c0-bf5b-a523106ac7ae_287001425068485.gif

Advertisement
Speaking of @Stevo365 , on tonight's CanesInsight show, Stevo said the same thing Max said. Bama is telling him he'll be a tackle there. This is going to boil down to which staff he trusts most (that and the NIL non-citizen issue/bama bags being tax free etc).

if you don't like a reflexion on the past, how about we think of the tiers based on the future.

Tier1 The 10 teams that have the best shot at winning 2 championships over the next 10 years

Tier2 The 10 teams outside of tier1 that have the best shot at winning 1 championship over the next 10 years

Tier3 The 20 teams outside of tier1 and tier2
that have the best shot at playing for a championship over the next 10 years

Tier4 Every other team

To me, tier1 includes the team shown in the spoiler below

I'm sorry but I don't see any team in the spoiler.

I have no doubt that our coaches view his upside at guard. Given that mirabal’s philosophy of cross training guys, it’s an easy pitch to make - “we don’t promise positions but we promise you’ll be trained well in all spots and we’ll make the determination of where you fit best. That can even be tackle.”
Interesting, that's almost verbatim what Max said, except he said even though we'll cross-train Olaus, he's never playing tackle here. If he really wants to play tackle, he needs to go to GTech.

Advertisement
Speaking of @Stevo365 , on tonight's CanesInsight show, Stevo said the same thing Max said. Bama is telling him he'll be a tackle there. This is going to boil down to which staff he trusts most (that and the NIL non-citizen issue/bama bags being tax free etc).
More fake insiders. Mario didn’t want Jalen Brown because Alonzo scouted him at the Vegas 7v7 tournament. Now Mario doesn’t want The Finnish kids because David Lake says he is a guard.

Advertisement
I don't know how people would know that Bama is telling him he playing Tackle. Most of the FR OL even the ones we know are Tackle start at OG....even at Bama. Why would we tell him no, you have no chance of ever playing guard? It's more likely we tell him he will have to compete for a spot. Is their roster so bad where they can guarantee he gonna play Tackle or does Bama just lie to kids? Anything is possible in recruiting but sounds fictitious like something Napier would say.

Just sounds like something people tell themselves to console and make it the loss sting less. Like us guaranteeing Citizen a starting Job with multiple highly ranked RBs already on the roster.

Just make Saban & Smart work. They had it so easy for so many years. I honestly didn’t realize just how easy they had it til now
Absolutely, make them work and spend for every single recruit they sign.
Days of late bag drops are over.
Even if we don’t get Olous there will be hundreds of similar recruiting battles, let’s win our share and get the guys we need. if Alabama want him that bad drive up the price as high as we can.

Advertisement
Wiltdong said on air right before the announcement he was hearing Miami so not sure who his source was but he got it right but it was right before Citizen went live
So, like the weather man he gives his prediction for tomorrow’s weather, having no clue.
The next day looks out his window and changes his prediction. They change their stupid “Christballs” daily.
Most of these close recruitments come down to the last 24 hrs. He hasn’t a clue right now, and could change it 10 times before the commitment, but as long as he gets the last one right 9 out of 10 times, the guy is a genius, savant fortune teller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back