2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Thank you. The whole OT vs OG narrative, I couldn’t do anything but laugh lol. No one here knows what Saban/Bama is telling that kid he will play. Someone said we changed our mind after the kid performed “bad” this past weekend, lmao. Wut?! You think they saw some 2 reps online from a camp and said welp, let’s lay off this kid now. Lol, if they see him at OT, nothing over the weekend changed that. If they see him inside, they saw him as a OG before that camp and nothing changed that. Stop that.
Exactly. Mario has been around enough to realize you don’t over think recruitments. This isn’t amateur hour anymore.

Didn't they figure out the workaround with Hedley?
here you go:
While international student-athletes may not be able to take advantage of NIL opportunities in the U.S., they could still benefit when back at home.
“When advising international students on the NCAA’s NIL legislation, I remind them that it is perfectly lawful to travel home for summer, spring and winter breaks to participate in NIL activities,” says Lahoud. “When an international student-athlete is in their home country and performs services, the athlete may receive compensation from a U.S. company, or, for that matter, any other company, without regard to violating U.S. immigration law.”

“From a company logistic perspective, there’s tax research that had to be done,” she said. “Most of our players we have on a payroll. (Hedley) is on a payroll as well, but the money is being sent to their home country since the work is being performed solely in their home country — it’s different. There was definitely some due diligence that was required.”

Basically sign the deal when he's outside the country. Only pay him when he's doing work outside the country. Otherwise with F1 Visa the non on-campus work has to be <20hrs/week and related to your major and gain approval from the school. I mean if you are a marketing major, this would actually not be surprising to find a solution... But would it really be worth the risk? no. Because if you ****ed up and lost the visa, you're done in the US.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t say it’s why they’ve gotten back into it , them upping their bag is why things have gotten tight. I just don’t think it would’ve gotten this far if there wasn’t the issue i mentioned.

the other story out there is that Miami is being open with him in talking about playing guard in college whereas bama is promising tackle. Not sure how much legs it has but that's what's out there.

Okay why are the tiers since 1980?
In 1972 Title IX was passed and in 1973, football scholarships were limited to 105 and that dropped to 95 in 1978 and 85 in 1992.

Therefore, allowing time for the changes to move through the system, using a period of 1980 is completely appropriate. But if you'd rather use 1978, then add 2 more championships to Alabama and the point still stands.

Something that's not really being talked about much, and I know he's downplayed the significance of it in past interviews, is how incredibly difficult it would be for his family to come see him play if he went to Alabama. There is a direct Helsinki - Miami flight compared to the multiple flights + drives it would take his family if he went to Tuscaloosa.

Now of course, his family could very well be moving there with him but I would have a hard time seeing any Scandinavian wanting to do that.

In 1972 Title IX was passed and in 1973, football scholarships were limited to 105 and that dropped to 95 in 1978 and 85 in 1992.

Therefore, allowing time for the changes to move through the system, using a period of 1980 is completely appropriate. But if you'd rather use 1978, then add 2 more championships to Alabama and the point still stands.
i can appreciate this answer. You won’t see an argument from me if that’s how your argument is being made.

Advertisement
Something that's not really being talked about much, and I know he's downplayed the significance of it in past interviews, is how incredibly difficult it would be for his family to come see him play if he went to Alabama. There is a direct Helsinki - Miami flight compared to the multiple flights + drives it would take his family if he went to Tuscaloosa.

Now of course, his family could very well be moving there with him but I would have a hard time seeing any Scandinavian wanting to do that.
I am sure Saban and co. have got that covered

We need to get Sasha Barkov in this recruitment

Advertisement

Bama would without question move the entire family to Tuscaloosa.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back