2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I wouldn’t say it’s why they’ve gotten back into it , them upping their bag is why things have gotten tight. I just don’t think it would’ve gotten this far if there wasn’t the issue i mentioned.
I know every fanbase thinks their own school does things the good ol’ way…and certainly some recruits are worth getting your hands dirtier than others…I just find it hard to believe that we’d let Alinen go elsewhere simply because we can’t offer NIL, and yet Bama can go the ol’ fashioned bag route; especially with how high he is on our board. I think Mario and Ruiz will find away around this and counter, without getting into specifics.

Whether it culminates in a commitment or not, remains to be seen. Regardless, we still have Freeling waiting in the wings if things go south.

I know every fanbase thinks their own school does things the good ol’ way…and certainly some recruits are worth getting your hands dirtier than others…I just find it hard to believe that we’d let Alinen go elsewhere simply because we can’t offer NIL, and yet Bama can go the ol’ fashioned bag route; especially with how high he is on our board. I think Mario and Ruiz will find away around this and counter, without getting into specifics.

Whether it culminates in a commitment or not, remains to be seen. Regardless, we still have Freeling waiting in the wings if things go south.
Miami has workarounds.. they’ve figured it out for Hedley.

Why would Miami risk that with the advantages they have doing things the right way? There’s ways around it but it complicates things.

No recruit is worth putting UM un harms way. This isn’t Alabama or Uga.

Last edited:
Why would Miami risk that with the advantages they have doing things the right way? There’s ways around it but it complicates things.

No recruit is worth putting UM un harms. This isn’t Alabama or Uga.
Didn't they figure out the workaround with Hedley?

Advertisement

I believe the problem is that we will have trouble competing the old fashioned way that operates in the shadows. Bama practically invented the bag game and has the resources, infrastructure and culture to execute it to perfection all while being shielded from the NCAA watchful eye. Take away or limit the NIL equalizer and we are operating with one hand tied behind our back.

I think we would go there if we could, unfortunately its just not that simple.

Well i heard from a Canes podcast that Saban really doesn’t want to lose this one to Mario, he’s pulling out all the tricks to get this kid is what I heard. I’m no insider, just relaying what I heard on Alex Donno’s podcast

1658280730594.gif

No recruit is worth putting UM un harms. This isn’t Alabama or Uga.

Are we saying this kid's on a F1 visa?

If so he cant sign an NIL deal unless he can prove prove financial hardship.

Advertisement

Brother we have been investigated already and we’re not even a year into nil being a thing official. We have to do everything by the book or the NCAA is gonna try to close the university

Advertisement
Advertisement
This about NIL or is this about Miami recruiting him now as a guard, and bama still selling him on being a tackle?

Mario and Mirabal aren’t dumb enough to tell the kid he can’t get a shot at OT here.

The kid has liked Alabama for awhile (and Miami). Sometimes it’s simpler than fans make it.

Thank you. The whole OT vs OG narrative, I couldn’t do anything but laugh lol. No one here knows what Saban/Bama is telling that kid he will play. Someone said we changed our mind after the kid performed “bad” this past weekend, lmao. Wut?! You think they saw some 2 reps online from a camp and said welp, let’s lay off this kid now. Lol, if they see him at OT, nothing over the weekend changed that. If they see him inside, they saw him as a OG before that camp and nothing changed that. Stop that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back