2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I would honestly say that losing Aguerro would be Mario's first major recruiting loss this cycle according to my scorecard. Up until him..most of the "losses" are debatable. Jalen Brown? Meh. Nigerian DE who went to Michigan? Meh. Brandon Innis? Meh.... But Aguero? Yeah, thats a big L...Half Dominican safety at a position of need going to Athens? (Need a hard hitting SS to be ready to go once Tae and JW move on). That would hurt a little to see him grab a UGA hat. Especially since we have been recruiting him very hard.

Alinen, as much as I want him, would be softened IF we got Freeling and/or Samson. You got Samson and Mauigua as your bookend OTs for 3 years and Alinen is basically waiting his turn or playing OG until they both move on to the draft after year 3..And Freeling with development can be a big time OT.

Loss because he is talented yes. Loss cause Miami was the out front favorite is factually incorrect. UGa just won a championship and put a safety in the 1st rd of the nfl. Smart has helped coached multiple 1st rd defensive backs in his career. So Mario isn’t losing as the favorite here. It was an uphill battle from day 1 that he got us in the game with a strikers chance. That’s all you can ask for right now till Miami starts winning and beating top teams on national tv

Loss because he is talented yes. Loss cause Miami was the out front favorite is factually incorrect. UGa just won a championship and put a safety in the 1st rd of the nfl. Smart has helped coached multiple 1st rd defensive backs in his career. So Mario isn’t losing as the favorite here. It was an uphill battle from day 1 that he got us in the game with a strikers chance. That’s all you can ask for right now till Miami starts winning and beating top teams on national tv
Striker you say? :sideeyes:

Advertisement
Sad Peanut Butter GIF by For Everest
american pie this one time at band camp GIF by IFC

If I’m not making a prediction it means I don’t think it’s done either way , I’m just preparing people it might not be as many unicorns and rainbows as we thought this week lol. Things just don’t look as positive as they did.

There’s still plenty of positive mojo coming our way.
We still looking alright for Bonsu and Bryant?

Swapping Freeling for Olaus doesn’t bother me much, especially when considering who will coach these kids up; but losing out on Aguero would sting.

Still think Mario and Addae get Aguero to commit to the good guys.

A Spanish speaking Dominican player who commits to Bama over UM should be permanently banned from entering South Florida.

Advertisement
I would have to push back a little and say that while UGA had a head start..we definitely got ourselves in position here. Im all for giving mulligans when warranted..but you could say that about every recruit on our big board. It could be mulligan central.

When your at the high rollers table like we are at now..your not going to win every hand. Its okay to say you lost a few hands but as long as you walk away "up"..thats all that matters. But a loss is still a loss.

That’s the point I’ve been trying to push today. These are heavyweight battles , this isn’t the featherweight class we were in before. I just know theres no level with the lunatics on this board.
This…….it’s been a while since we’ve been in this many major recruiting battles in a single cycle. It feels nice!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tell me 2/5 is guaranteed lmao

There are no guarantees. We may need to start a poll to see how new ppl are to recruiting so I have a better understanding of who I’m responding with. Lately seems everyone is is either high on the hype or new to recruiting cause everyone acting like these top 100 players are guaranteed or layups blows my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back