2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven’t heard this is finalized yet.

thanks for keeping us updated.
Folks really starting to think we get everyone. It’s not realistic when we are constantly battling the other big boys. We will get out share but the board thinking we land all these guys is funny, but hey let’s keep the party rolling.

Bama isn’t going to just lay down on this one

Advertisement
thanks for keeping us updated.
Folks really starting to think we get everyone. It’s not realistic when we are constantly battling the other big boys. We will get out share but the board thinking we land all these guys is funny, but hey let’s keep the party rolling.

Bama isn’t going to just lay down on this one
Agree with you, but it’s not just the board; it’s the staff as well (to an extent). Dennis Smith will look like an idiot if we strike out on both Aguero and Alinen.

Still confident we get both.

Yeah this one seems like a slam duck but whenever you are going against the BIG BOYS, nothing is ever for sure. Bama going 0-4 with the top 4 OTs (Mauigua, Proctor, Samson and Alinen) on their board just seems like a nightmare scenario for them that they will do whatever is necessary to make sure that doesnt happen.

So even if we get Alinen..man its gonna be showdown at the OK Corral with Bama when it comes to Samson.

Agree with you, but it’s not just the board; it’s the staff as well (to an extent). Dennis Smith will look like an idiot if we strike out on both Aguero and Alinen.

Still confident we get both.

I disagree there. It’s smiths job to do what he is doing to create excitement and publicly activity for the program. He didn’t call any a done deal. He is creating tons of excitement and engagement in the fans and recruits world online. There is no losers here however this week shakes out. 5 more months till early signing day

I disagree there. It’s smiths job to do what he is doing to create excitement and publicly activity for the program. He didn’t call any a done deal. He is creating tons of excitement and engagement in the fans and recruits world online. There is no losers here however this week shakes out. 5 more months till early signing day
It’s hard for me to try and articulate my point, because you’re right - commitments in the summer don’t matter a whole lot until the pen meets the paper come NSD. Long way to go.

I’ll refrain from comments until the actual commitment - or Cribby’s gospel - is announced. But long story short, Smith isn’t free of fault if things go south.

Advertisement
1658156423691.png
1658156464694.png
1658156484203.png

I was over here thinking Bama was falling off in recruiting. I just looked at the top kids on the 247 composite and they’re probably landing 6 of the current top 30 and 7 top 50. The only difference is that it’s looking like we’ll also land 6 or 7 of the top 50 too. 1 of the usual top 5 is probably getting replaced by us this cycle, but my guess would be UGA at this point.

I’ll refrain from comments until the actual commitment - or Cribby’s gospel - is announced. But long story short, Smith isn’t free of fault if things go south.
Smith is definitely NOT at fault if a recruit doesn't choose us. His tweets are too ambiguous for that blame.

He may be at fault solely for getting our hopes up.

ResizedP_72f899f0-3525-4700-8704-37d5d793773a_99413001631658.gif

I was over here thinking Bama was falling off in recruiting. I just looked at the top kids on the 247 composite and they’re probably landing 6 of the current top 30 and 7 top 50. The only difference is that it’s looking like we’ll also land 6 or 7 of the top 50 too. 1 of the usual top 5 is probably getting replaced by us this cycle, but my guess would be UGA at this point.
From last cycle its Texas A&M.

Advertisement
It’s hard for me to try and articulate my point, because you’re right - commitments in the summer don’t matter a whole lot until the pen meets the paper come NSD. Long way to go.

So you would blame a guy for posting cryptic funny tweets if we don’t get a commit? Yikes it’s not that deep. It’s marketing 101. Imagine the recruit as a potential new customer and he is staying in front of them publicly for the world to see and us hoping for their commitment to join.

Once you’ve put out your proposal in the world of sells the average sell takes another 7 contacts till finally close. Think of each tweet as a follow up task and contact. That’s what he is doing. Who gives a **** how “fans” view it but if you want to be mad a a coach for doing his job then go for it.

So you would blame a guy for posting cryptic funny tweets if we don’t get a commit? Yikes it’s not that deep. It’s marketing 101. Imagine the recruit as a potential new customer and he is staying in front of them publicly for the world to see and us hoping for their commitment to join.

Once you’ve put out your proposal in the world of sells the average sell takes another 7 contacts till finally close. Think of each tweet as a follow up task and contact. That’s what he is doing. Who gives a **** how “fans” view it but if you want to be mad a a coach for doing his job then go for it.
It is to the poster you quoted

Advertisement

No not necessarily. The point being that it’s unwarranted attention and ****iness when it’s not a done deal. You don’t see Bama or UGA staffers doing this.

And yes I know he doesn’t post things without Mario’s blessing, hence why I think we’re getting both of them still. But it just brings noise and fuel to other powerful programs who are desperate to stop our momentum, and will quite literally do anything to regain control.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back