2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s waiting , not sure if he’ll have a spot or not.
That’s crazy - Freeling is one of my favourite OL

My optimal line would be

LT - Okunlola
LG - Mauigoa
C - Tripp
RG - Alinen / Kinsler
RT - Freeling / Tinilau (longer development)

I know Mauigoa is the #1 tackle, but I think he could be a Quenton Nelson prospect at guard. Him and Alinen would be needed going up against Clemson down the road.

Advertisement
53BE552D-B89D-4FFD-9588-160E150B89EE.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think they’ve already notified the staff and are done deals. Just waiting on the announcements which may be orchestrated around other already set dates?!
Just usually they’ll announce the decision date a few days before. Unless they’d rather tweet out a decision than have a ceremony. Maybe having a ceremony like that is strange in Finland

Is anyone not high on his talent and upside? I’d be curious to hear why.

Guys his size with his blend of body control, power and mobility are pretty rare. Maybe he’s not a LT for us if we close on some of our targets, but he’s a **** impressive OL prospect
Folks need to understand Alabama wants him badly for a reason. He has everything and versatility is his biggest asset.

I'm no insider, but I've paid attention. When Mario was hired, Mario talked about offensive line play and the importance of versatility not only in college, but especially the professional level with their 53 man roster.

Olaus is a very important piece. I'm willing to bet Mario’s selling point to all these young men is that it doesn't matter what position you play. If you remember, one of his early press conferences he talked about the importance of versatility and cross training OL positions. He said that's what he did at Oregon.

I believe Mario is telling the OL recruits I'm going to develop you and cross train you making you even more valuable to the NFL. He has Highsmith to emphasize that point of what the NFL is looking for. That's how you can recruit a bunch of monster OTs and put them at different positions. Everyone will play and everyone will be cross trained.

So, Olaus probably has the best versatility of the OL recruits and that makes him extremely valuable. Just ask Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back