2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I really think another cycle like this and he will start musing about retiring. After Texas A&M last cycle now us. '24 class will be 3 in a row and they will not just out talent everyone. Why not leave with your legacy intact. They had to transfer in a RB...for Bama, that's unheard of.
Saban will retire if Bama ever goes 9-3. He's not dealing with less than a non-playoff level season, especially now that he can't get the recruits as easily to restock his talent.

Advertisement
What do you all think forms the basis for a crystal ball pick? It can’t be the kid saying I’m picking school A because that would ruin the moment. They seem to be nothing more than an educated guess.

What do you all think forms the basis for a crystal ball pick? It can’t be the kid saying I’m picking school A because that would ruin the moment. They seem to be nothing more than an educated guess.
It's more than an educated guess. Come on now.

Advertisement
I just said the deal isn’t 100 % done , but Miami is in a very good spot. We definitely are the leader. I just won’t call something done until I know it’s that….done. It’s easy to throw out crazy predictions if nobody will remember you were wrong. Me on the other hand will hearing about that one L in 2024 lol.
If Cribby says it's too close to call, but he'll call it 51% to the Canes... that's all I need to know. ;-)

Last edited:

Here we go.. and I’m rocking with what Cribby says 100% by the way. I’m just curious, why all these folks have to throw in their crystal balls on a recruitment that’s not done? Doesn’t sound like he or Okunlola plan on shutting it down anytime soon 🙄

Advertisement
He leans pessimistic and he's still hitting a high prediction rate. 51% may be money in the bank!
yep...AND... it's less likely our competitors will raise their offer :)

Resized_28b76437-c85e-4652-a5ed-7a53d3614fc3_242392377037482.gif

I believe he is great at stacking talent and maximizing it. If he was truly that good he could’ve won in the nfl. Like Harbough is a great coach, Jimmy Johnson guys like that u know can coach bc they have won at both levels
Satan didn't win big at MSU (his records there were incredibly average actually) and he didn't do well in the NFL either. THE primary reason he did well at Baga & in the Bayou: both programs have major boosters that bought the best teams money could buy (prior to NIL)...and they were the only places that could cheat like **** (allegedly) and get away with it as they were sacred cows protected by former $ECheat people who never investigated them. That made his life much easier. His success in CFB has very little to do with Xs & Os. It has almost everything to do with accumulating talent. Recruiting is huge in CFB...especially as coaches have limited time to work with the players. He had every advantage at Baga and in the Bayou and he succeeded.

On the other hand, look up his record at MSU over the course of a few years. Nothing great about it at all.

His run with the Fins. Not good.

Why were both so mediocre? Well, he couldn't just buy the best talent at either place...and some of the players couldn't stand him in the pros.

His offense was also waaayy antiquated at Baga until old Lane showed up and completely modernized it. His Defense also got stale when players got too big (especially LBs) and their defensive stats started dipping. Kirby and others switched to slightly lighter LBs that were faster...and that's what you saw winning last year. Note: not as small & light in the a@@ though as some of Diaz's players, especially at DL and LB though. That was not Satan making either of those switches.

Advertisement

Here we go.. and I’m rocking with what Cribby says 100% by the way. I’m just curious, why all these folks have to throw in their crystal balls on a recruitment that’s not done? Doesn’t sound like he or Okunlola plan on shutting it down anytime soon 🙄

Could Wiltfong be trying to sabotage **** with the early CB? He rarely puts CBs in that early, unless he’s got rock solid info.

/tin foil hat

Could Wiltfong be trying to sabotage **** with the early CB? He rarely puts CBs in that early, unless he’s got rock solid info.

/tin foil hat

😂 no idea, but it is odd that they all put in predictions and there was so much hype, yet it doesn’t sound like either is in a hurry to shut it down. I’m not really a fan of those predictions unless it means a commitment is imminent. And who knows, maybe there still is? Okunlola being all cryptic on Twitter and Alinen putting emphasis on “uncommitted” lmao

I been dreaming of this since I became a hardcore fan.......the joy of popo verbal today had me so excited I was talking to my wife about it like Im crazy. I was explaining what this means and she had no idea wtf I was talking about.
You had company. My wife was looking at me like I was from Bantar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back