2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I got the sense that his family enjoyed visiting Miami the most. Not just the school, but the area. They came from Finland. Spent a week in Miami vacationing after the visit. Imagine following that up with a trip to Tuscaloosa Alabama. If u google things to do in Tuscaloosa, its **** like.. visit the stadium.

Imagine visiting your kid for a week in a foreign country, watching him play football for a few hours, then filling the rest of your time taking in the sights and sounds of a place like Tuscaloosa Alabama. For his family specifically, its gotta be a huge difference. A major tourism hub vs a college town in Alabama.

Idk how much location is going to matter, but if it does, its definitely the kinda thing that can tip the scales in our favor.

I got the sense that his family enjoyed visiting Miami the most. Not just the school, but the area. They came from Finland. Spent a week in Miami vacationing after the visit. Imagine following that up with a trip to Tuscaloosa Alabama. If u google things to do in Tuscaloosa, its **** like.. visit the stadium.

Imagine visiting your kid for a week in a foreign country, watching him play football for a few hours, then filling the rest of your time taking in the sights and sounds of a place like Tuscaloosa Alabama. For his family specifically, its gotta be a huge difference. A major tourism hub vs a college town in Alabama.

Idk how much location is going to matter, but if it does, its definitely the kinda thing that can tip the scales in our favor.

Europeans LOVE Miami. They aren't biased Americans from XXXX who get caught up in their (insert controversial take here) feelings. They look around and are like "holy crap this is paradise."

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know this kid has mixed reviews on the board but I want him in this class BAD. Behind Marigua and Samson..hes #3 on my OL board. I just see him having big time potential at any position on the OL besides Center.... If he cant hack it at OT...he can easily slide into being a OG too. He looks to be versatile. Freeling just looks like a OT to be albeit and **** good one with development... Kirkland and Kinsler are OGs all the way I dont care what they say. Alinen seems like the one kid who can play both and be really great if need be.

8dh1.gif

I know this kid has mixed reviews on the board but I want him in this class BAD. Behind Marigua and Samson..hes #3 on my OL board. I just see him having big time potential at any position on the OL besides Center.... If he cant hack it at OT...he can easily slide into being a OG too. He looks to be versatile. Freeling just looks like a OT to be albeit and **** good one with development... Kirkland and Kinsler are OGs all the way I dont care what they say. Alinen seems like the one kid who can play both and be really great if need be.
Is anyone not high on his talent and upside? I’d be curious to hear why.

Guys his size with his blend of body control, power and mobility are pretty rare. Maybe he’s not a LT for us if we close on some of our targets, but he’s a **** impressive OL prospect

Advertisement
Is anyone not high on his talent and upside? I’d be curious to hear why.

Guys his size with his blend of body control, power and mobility are pretty rare. Maybe he’s not a LT for us if we close on some of our targets, but he’s a **** impressive OL prospect
He’s a certified stud. Would be our best OL in any of our last five cycles. If all goes well, he’ll be our third best this cycle. INSANE!!!

I think we forget alabaga got its appeal from paying players directly to come there, which by the way is still illegal. Tuscaloosa never was and still isn't why top players have flooded that dump of a town and state. It was getting paid, winning football games and the NFL that made Tuscaloosa a destination. Now that all schools have NIL, alabaga will still be a force, but not like when the dominated the Pay For Play recruiting scene.

Advertisement
Wow. Either he’s trolling hard or he’s one of the silents. I’ll go with the latter.
I felt the exact same way. Too little guessing with that. Why would he be coming to Florida either? He is making a commitment, not enrolling. Has my antennae up for the troll and I don’t like it. I am hoping that I am completely wrong and this kid is all business.

I think we forget alabaga got its appeal from paying players directly to come there, which by the way is still illegal. Tuscaloosa never was and still isn't why top players have flooded that dump of a town and state. It was getting paid, winning football games and the NFL that made Tuscaloosa a destination. Now that all schools have NIL, alabaga will still be a force, but not like when the dominated the Pay For Play recruiting scene.
If not for 8-4 coming through with an all time class last year, Bama had one of their best classes ever on paper. They are still a monster. Saban is using 8-4 as motivation for his boosters. They didn’t even come close to remotely struggling last cycle. 8-4 did take a decent amount of thier top targets though.

You got pics? They also thought they were getting Francis and that they are right in it for Sampson. Not to mention Skinner last year, etc.

Not attacking you, just wanted to see posts. They’re in denial about recruiting.
They really are in denial. The reality of NIL hasn't fully struck them yet. ****, a lot of them still believe that they don't pay kids to come to Bama, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back