2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already got Mauigoa, Tripp & Tinilua that’s 3, close with Okunlola, Freeling & Alinen. Mario & staff got me feeling like we don’t take L’s on the recruiting trail anymore so let’s ride.
Forgot Kinsler throw him in there too F it, build the trenches up.

Advertisement
Already got Mauigoa, Tripp & Tinilua that’s 3, close with Okunlola, Freeling & Alinen. Mario & staff got me feeling like we don’t take L’s on the recruiting trail anymore so let’s ride.

That would be the best OL class we’ve signed ever. The trenches will be even more important since it looks like we’re in-line to play big boy football in the SEC or B1G

Is 7 possible if everyone wants in? Or like you alluded to, would Frankie be on the chopping block? We're definitely not saying no to Freeling or Sampson if they want in. I think someone else said Frankie was involved with recruiting Francis to Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Zero chance we only take 4 OL. Not a snowball's chance in ****.

I think 6 is most likely the number (and honestly probably the minimum), with how it's looking as of today. If we strike out on a couple key kids, then maybe the number is 5, but it won't be 4.

Committed (3):
Mauigoa
Tripp
Tinilau

Very possible (would be SHOCKED if only 1 of these kids commits here. More likely it will be several):

Okunlola
Freeling
Alinen
Kirkland
Kinsler
Lew?
Laloulu?
Cline?

And you know 1-2 more kids will emerge in the fall as possibilities.

I think Frankie stays. I know bama has a churn system where they sign only 4-5 star OL but there's definitely a place for a developmental kid. IMO, if your OL class is 6-7, you absolutely take a flyer on Frankie. The guy has too many physical attributes not to take a look. And the coaches will have a real good idea after 1 years whether he's any good.

Advertisement
I think you have to include Kinsler.

Zero chance we only take 4 OL. Not a snowball's chance in ****.

I think 6 is most likely the number (and honestly probably the minimum), with how it's looking as of today. If we strike out on a couple key kids, then maybe the number is 5, but it won't be 4.

Committed (3):
Mauigoa
Tripp
Tinilau

Very possible (would be SHOCKED if only 1 of these kids commits here. More likely it will be several):

Okunlola
Freeling
Alinen
Kirkland
Kinsler
Lew?
Laloulu?
Cline?

And you know 1-2 more kids will emerge in the fall as possibilities.
With the 25 man counter being removed this year I can see A LOT of transfers on our OLine. There's very few Miami calibre players in that room.

Advertisement
I had recently read that Kinsler might actually have a future as a DT. I wonder if the staff will simply bring in as much talent as possible and sort it out once boots are on the ground.

I think Frankie stays. I know bama has a churn system where they sign only 4-5 star OL but there's definitely a place for a developmental kid. IMO, if your OL class is 6-7, you absolutely take a flyer on Frankie. The guy has too many physical attributes not to take a look. And the coaches will have a real good idea after 1 years whether he's any good.
I‘m not so sure on Frankie , 50-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back