2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Currently we have
SR - Oluwassen, Scaife
JR - Campbell , Clark, Zion, Reed, Traore
So - None
Fr - McLaughlin (R), Rivers (R), Rodriguez (R), Sagapolu (R), Seymore (R) , Washington (R) , Denis (R), Cooper, McCoy

The Covid year used up no eligibility

Oluwassen graduates, Zion & Scaife may be drafted, Reed may be pushed out for lack of talent/development, Rodriguez, Seymore & Traore may move on for lack of size/strength for the scheme.

That would open 7 spots

Advertisement
Currently we have
SR - Oluwassen, Scaife
So - None
Fr - McLaughlin (R), Rivers (R), Rodriguez (R), Sagapolu (R), Seymore (R) , Washington (R) , Denis (R), Cooper, McCoy

Oluwassen graduates, Zion & Scaife may be drafted, Reed may be pushed out for lack of talent/development, Rodriguez, Seymore & Traore may move on for lack of size/strength for the scheme.

That would open 7 spots
Thanks for the list. Most on this site keep forgetting about the young guys we have. Also, my bet is the list of Sr’s and Jr’s will not be back in 2023. That leaves 9, plus 6 or 7 signing in Dec and/or Feb 2023 is my bet..

Advertisement
This kid would have been the gem of our OL, if we were even able to get him, under previous staffs and now is projected to be a guard. This is what elite recruiting looks like. Recruiting top shelf RBs and QBs here will be automatic here

I hope we can keep this kid I'm the class. I just re watched his HL, and, even if we land Samson and Freeling, I think we have a place for this kid. I'm definitely not OL expert, but as a former collegiate DL, I see some things we can definitely benefit from.

For starters, he's massive and looks like he has a frame to put on more good weight. Secondly, he plays mean and moves very well for a kid his size. I loved seeing him actively 'look for work' when blocking downfield.

He does pop straight up out of his stance and needs to use all of the leverage God had blessed him with at 6'7. A couple times he came out of his stance trying to block a guy looking like Frankenstein. Learning how to use his leverage will be HUGE! He's taking is easy of some of those kids but that's expected at the HS level. Hes doesn't have the feet that Samson, Freeling, or even FM but he does have brute strength and 'finishes his dinner' after engaging with a DL/LB.

I honestly think we have a future LG here. Mirabel, an OL tactician, is the perfect coach for him.

6 OL class.

1 upside kid in Tinilau, 2 sure-fire OT in FM and Okun, and 3 guys in Tripp, Kinsler, and Alinen where you bring them in and see where they fit best.
I think Freeling might be a better prospect/fit at RT than FM but thats splitting hairs.

Advertisement
I'm really waming up to Mauigoa playing OG. Definitely can play RT but he's giving me Quenton Nelson vibes inside....

✅
If we can afford to stick him at OG because we can land 2 true OTs in Okunlola and Freeling…thats a playoff OL under this coaching, easily. Just bring them as many pieces as possible and Mirabal/Cristobal will figure it out.

Advertisement
Currently we have
SR - Oluwassen, Scaife
So - None

That would open 7 spots

We need 7-9 new lineman. Couple transfers will be needed to be a stop gap till this 2023 class is ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back