2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chise is still here.
Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

Advertisement
Committed:
Tackle: Mauigoa
Guard/Center: Tripp
Guard/Tackle: Tinilau

Leans:
Guard: Kinsler
Guard/Tackle: Freeling
Guard/Tackle: Olaus
Tackle: Okunlola

Based on this, we need 1 more pure tackle for depth and 1 more guard/center for additional depth as well especially that oline is one of the toughest positions to predict on how they'll pan out.
Cooper and mccoy already on the team!

Not sure if this has been posted but this kid is right there at the top of the board. Top two.
Hey things are moving so fast can you give me your thoughts on what kind of player were talking about. Ive been trying too keep up but dam I dont even recall him as a recruit. Its like that CB that committed, where the **** did he come from. it was like left field.

Advertisement
Already got Mauigoa, Tripp & Tinilua that’s 3, close with Okunlola, Freeling & Alinen. Mario & staff got me feeling like we don’t take L’s on the recruiting trail anymore so let’s ride.
If Kinsler wants in now, do we say no or hold off? He decommitted probably with us in mind. My guess is that something positive toward him would have been said on our side to trigger the noticeable odd-hour decommitte.

Advertisement
If Kinsler wants in now, do we say no or hold off? He decommitted probably with us in mind. My guess is that something positive toward him would have been said on our side to trigger the noticeable odd-hour decommitte.
They love him as a prospect , he dc’d from UF to jump on board here. He‘d have a spot here before anyone other than the top two guys on current non committed board.

They love him as a prospect , he dc’d from UF to jump on board here. He‘d have a spot here before anyone other than the top two guys on current non committed board.
Based on this, it appears Freeling would be running 4th on the remaining list? Basically either the staff is meh on him or they are just that high on Kinsler and the other two? High praise for Kinsler though.

Based on this, it appears Freeling would be running 4th on the remaining list? Basically either the staff is meh on him or they are just that high on Kinsler and the other two? High praise for Kinsler though.
Freeling is a Tackle. Kinsler is a true guard. He gonna hold the point in the run game.

Advertisement
Freeling is a Tackle. Kinsler is a true guard. He gonna hold the point in the run game.
I get that and have known that but I am basing the comment of remaining as overall OL not just G or T. I came to that conclusion in this thread when he stated Olaus was #2 and Kinsler #3 on said remaining board. I assumed that Samson was #1.

I get that and have known that but I am basing the comment of remaining as overall OL not just G or T. I came to that conclusion in this thread when he stated Olaus was #2 and Kinsler #3 on said remaining board. I assumed that Samson was #1.
Well it should be framed like that. Manny recruited OL just because they were OL, now we have bunch of 6'2 players. That's why we are going after so many tackles. We basically have none on the roster after Zion, who we have to replace next season. Every OL position is not the same, it's better to play players in position where 1 their body and skills fit, and 2 they have experience and are comfortable playing.

Advertisement
Well it should be framed like that. Manny recruited OL just because they were OL, now we have bunch of 6'2 players. That's why we are going after so many tackles. We basically have none on the roster after Zion, who we have to replace next season. Every OL position is not the same, it's better to play players in position where 1 their body and skills fit, and 2 they have experience and are comfortable playing.
Sure but to be fair Mario isn’t happy with the guards we have either. Hence why we may take 7 along the OL. Olaus and Mauigoa could play both. **** Kinsler could play both. His feet may not be ideal for Tackle but he has the size. Reality is many of these guys could be interchangeable.

Any truth to the ridiculous rumor that he's being considered for DL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back