Olajuwon Tucker.....

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
Pete, et al.

Read elsewhere that he's bringing his parents with him on his OV, which means they are paying their own way. Sounds like this may be more than just a free trip.

Has anyone talked to this kid? Any scuttlebutt as to what anyone may be feeling on this kid? Sounds like the staff has been working on him hard. The fact that the family is paying for both his parents to come out on the OV with him makes me think there is more here than just a free trip.

Advertisement
Iirc the ncaa changed the rule so parents could come free of charge.

The staff likes his length. It will be very hard to get this kid to come across the country to play for us. USC has great academics, a new staff who will sell a revamped image of the program, and location.

well his USCw visit is the upcoming weekend & we get him the 24th so that should make us feel good that we'll get the last crack at him (has no other visits scheduled)

The staff likes his length. It will be very hard to get this kid to come across the country to play for us. USC has great academics, a new staff who will sell a revamped image of the program, and location.

I thought that was just for one parent though? I read both are coming. Agree its a tough pull, but maybe SC hasnt built much of a bond with him since they cleaned house. Supposedly we were his first offer and he has some kind of relationship with our coaches.

Advertisement
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/784510/highlights/120512377?autoplay=1[/video]

he is a playmaker but i assume he will be a DE because he is not that fast.

have to agree. hard pull unless he likes the idea of getting away and feels comfortable here. that possibility always exists.

If we get this kid, it would be an unbelievable steal. we offered back in April and usc offered in Nov and jumped right on as if it was his dream school. would love the talent but realistically its a stretch.

Advertisement
If we get this kid, it would be an unbelievable steal. we offered back in April and usc offered in Nov and jumped right on as if it was his dream school. would love the talent but realistically its a stretch.

that's wrong considering that he committed to USCw in October

Kid goes to a USC feeder program. I hope we get him, but this is a real longshot. Can't win if you don't play.

The quote I saw that gives me some hope to flip Tucker from SoCal is this one:

So how serious is he about Miami?

"It's them trying to win my parents over basically," Tucker said. "My parents have to be okay with me going."
I may be reading too much into it, but I think Tucker likes Miami enough to seriously consider flipping from USCw...it's just a matter of talking his parents into it.

If we can convince the parents that Miami is a viable option for Tucker, and we wow both him and his parents on the trip to Miami, then it will make Signing Day interesting when his announcement comes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back