OL random recruit thread.

MiamiChris

Freshman
Figured since we are visiting or offering random 0 to 3 Star OL mine as well keep track of them in one thread.

Richt and Jess Simpson meeting with this dude committed to Cincinnati

Attachments

• AFDE8783-253F-4ED0-AD5B-AB7D87C5D719.png
    AFDE8783-253F-4ED0-AD5B-AB7D87C5D719.png
    376.8 KB · Views: 290
Advertisement
This kid is interesting. If you go to his rank history on 247 you’d see that he was ranked a lot higher just 4 months ago.

Advertisement
Richt and Simpson meeting with the guy, another sure sign Searles is gone!!
Only can hope Mack Brown takes him.....

Meh. Wouldn’t read too much into that. Richt is in NY both for this and to do media for the bowl game. Simpson is there because the DL recruits are in the area. Maybe a little wishful thinking there, imo. We’ll see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bama is going to sign 2x5* (3 if Wright signs) and 4x4* Olinemen.

They win the trenches every year which is why they stay on top, even with suspect QB play before this year.

They operated at the 85 scholarship capacity and sign a minimum of 4 OL per year. We operate under 78 scholarships and have signed an average of 3 OL a year the last 3 years. Even before recent decommits we were only targeting 3 OL. We don’t leave ourselves a lot of room for error.

Advertisement
Project tackle. Looks to be a legit 6'5 -6'6 though and likely 260-265. A lot of room for growth...as good feet, not strong.
He's a kid you sign and stash for 2 years...and let him loose at 6'5 290. Had a UVA offer and they are pretty solid with their ol. OL is different i look at who certain recruiters target..its a bit different than skill guys.

If this helps us with Hunte his teammate at DT im all for it...looks like we're flooding NYC and having the bowl game there is good. Wish Richt can mosey over to NJ and offer some kids aa well

This NYC kid is intriguing, doesn't really fire off the ball, and can play a tad high at times (not all the time), but has a wide base for a tall, lanky kid, and looks pretty flexible and athletic

I can see why they may like him better than Cartwright, Boyd, and some of the other Tri county tackle prospects, he's at least comparable to Boateng and imo, I'd probably go with this kid.

Advertisement
Back