Ol play

brock

All-American
Considering the experience of the group they are starting to play solid for the most part. Their best game was against Nebraska so it seems as though they are progressing. We are really young on the offensive line when you look at it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think that was just Nebraska defense. Good run D but no pass rush.

FAU on the other hand looked like they had a pass rush and were beating our guys pretty consistently.

The OL just looks very average, need them to step up quickly

Run blocking when they're going hat on hat seems to struggle, however, zone blocking plays seemed to work really well.

That said, look at what the NU fans say about their front 4. They're an average unit.

I think Kehoe is done a great job with this OL. I agree with what everyone here is saying about the short yardage, especially in the red zone. My caution is the season is young. Not sure those 3 teams we've played have great DL's.

Advertisement
Considering our guards have been terrible.
They have been average.

- I told you guys at times smaller guys are more difficult to block (fau) Nebraska had big guys and our ol were able to handle them better.

Linder and sonny of all people have been our best ol.

Isadora and gall have been terrible which is why our short yardage have been bad.
Isadora is out there like he is playing with crocs on his feet is so bad, and gall needs to be on maternity leave.

They have been average.

- I told you guys at times smaller guys are more difficult to block (fau) Nebraska had big guys and our ol were able to handle them better.

Isadora and gall have been terrible which is why our short yardage have been bad.
Isadora is out there like he is playing with crocs on his feet is so bad, and gall needs to be on maternity leave.
My hs head coach who played dlineuse to say all the time smaller guys are harder to block. All bigger guys would just try to bullrush and all you have to do is anchor down. You cant block speed and someone running past you

Advertisement
Totally agree! Sonny has been a pleasant surprise, kid is playing his heart out every **** play and has really worked hard to get better!! Isadora is simply soft; He has all the size in the world to be successful, but just isn't mauling people like he should be. Gall isn't starting material at all.

I'd like to see Linder at guard, as all you need is a serviceable Center to still be good there. Linder really shined at OG when we were forced to plug him in there last year... Also, Darling has made some mistakes, but has been ok at OT, yet he's really a OG and not a true LT; he seems to be there out of necessity. McDermott must not be ready to play LT, but surely he has to be better than Gall.

I'd like to see what this line would look like:

LT - Darling
LG - McDermott
C - Knighton, H
RG - Linder
RT - Sonny

Again, Darling would be solid at LG, but LT is too important of a position to plug someone in who's not ready for it.

They have been average.

Last edited:
Pass protection has been good but the dumb holding penalties and inability to generate a push on short yardage situations are disappointing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back