2022 OL Johnnie Brown walks on

Good deal 👋🏿. This is a result of back channeling. This opportunity for the young man will bring future positive recruiting results for Mario, his staff and of course the football program. There’s a bigger picture that needs to be seen with this situation. Chess not checkers.
What the **** does letting some kid walk on have to do with any of that? Is he some 5 star studs best friend? If we had to back channel for another no star........

Advertisement
Advertisement
Queen Dancing GIF by Bianka

He had a D1 offer from Savannah State & has the prerequisite size for guard, he just needs conditioning and to get stronger. Mooyoung last year & this kid this year are back to back great PWO pickups.

Only thing I say about these out of state walk-ons is I hope they have good academic scholarships and financial aid. UM is expensive as **** for locals, the cost of attendance on a 4 year degree for an out of state student is probably approaching $400k

He had a D1 offer from Savannah State & has the prerequisite size for guard, he just needs conditioning and to get stronger. Mooyoung last year & this kid this year are back to back great PWO pickups.

Only thing I say about these out of state walk-ons is I hope they have good academic scholarships and financial aid. UM is expensive as **** for locals, the cost of attendance on a 4 year degree for an out of state student is probably approaching $400k
Mooyoung is from the hood in chicago

Advertisement
It had me wondering . . . think players can get NIL deals without being on scholly? That could be a way around numbers;)

It had me wondering . . . think players can get NIL deals without being on scholly? That could be a way around numbers;)
Pretty sure they can based on the NIL list on LifeWallet. There are a couple of football players on there that I'm pretty sure are walk ons. Also nice way to help out the baseball team since they aren't given enough scholarships for the whole team to be on a full ride so you split them up and the NIL can make up the difference.

LifeWallet NIL Athlete List

2022 OL Johnnie Brown, a 6-foot-4, 318-pound senior, graded 86 percent and didn’t allow a sack in 2021 season, in addition to posting 75 knockdown blocks. He was a first-team all-county selection by the Daily Post and the Touchdown Club of Gwinnett, and earned all-state honors from the Georgia Athletic Coaches Association.

Parkview is the same high school that former UM RB Cody Brown came from

Go Canes

Advertisement

It costs the same if you are instate or out of state.

Advertisement
I'm bad at this.

Here's his Hudl.
247 says he's 6'4, 325.
A news article says, "He was a first-team all-county selection by the Daily Post and the Touchdown Club of Gwinnett, and earned all-state honors from the Georgia Athletic Coaches Association."
Gwinnett Daily

I'm wondering why he was not recruited by anyone.
Probably because he's not very good. Freeman Brown (RIP) made all-Dade just by standing still and sorta reaching a little and making dudes run around him.

Advertisement
Back