OL Grad Transfer Offer

Advertisement
CIS laughed at us going after him now he will visit Texas, Oklahoma and us....Glad that everyone in here lost their mind over the offer

Have we found out if he just hit an absurd growth spurt after he went to Butler? How does a kid end up at Butler & then be offered by us, Oklahoma & Texas?

Have we found out if he just hit an absurd growth spurt after he went to Butler? How does a kid end up at Butler & then be offered by us, Oklahoma & Texas?

I have no knowledge about his growth, but Oline is one of the positions that's hard to evaluate at times since kids grow and change so much when they get to college. Look at the NFL and how many small school Olineman are playing high-level ball.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2...as-longhorns-oklahoma-sooners-butler-bulldogs

"Kennedy wasn’t really recruited out of high school in Lake Forest, Ill., a wealthy suburb of Chicago. Iowa and Northern Illinois offered preferred walk-on spots to Kennedy, but there wasn’t much FBS interest otherwise. No profile on Rivals or 247Sports or ESPN. No steady parade of name-brand coaches through his living room.

Kennedy developed a chip on his shoulder as a result, redshirting as a freshman at Butler in 2015 and then playing sparingly the next season before emerging as a two-year starter. In 2017, he played left tackle for a line that only allowed seven sacks, the third-lowest mark in FCS, before emerging as a second-team All-Conference selection this year. He was a standout in the classroom with a 3.0 GPA and consistent spots on the All-Pioneer Football League All-Academic team and Butler Athletic Director’s Honor Roll. "

Man biggest take away from highlights for me is the stunt pickups by the OL. They seemed to know exactly what to do, while our OL doesnt most of the time.

Advertisement
I have no knowledge about his growth, but Oline is one of the positions that's hard to evaluate at times since kids grow and change so much when they get to college. Look at the NFL and how many small school Olineman are playing high-level ball.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2...as-longhorns-oklahoma-sooners-butler-bulldogs

"Kennedy wasn’t really recruited out of high school in Lake Forest, Ill., a wealthy suburb of Chicago. Iowa and Northern Illinois offered preferred walk-on spots to Kennedy, but there wasn’t much FBS interest otherwise. No profile on Rivals or 247Sports or ESPN. No steady parade of name-brand coaches through his living room.

Kennedy developed a chip on his shoulder as a result, redshirting as a freshman at Butler in 2015 and then playing sparingly the next season before emerging as a two-year starter. In 2017, he played left tackle for a line that only allowed seven sacks, the third-lowest mark in FCS, before emerging as a second-team All-Conference selection this year. He was a standout in the classroom with a 3.0 GPA and consistent spots on the All-Pioneer Football League All-Academic team and Butler Athletic Director’s Honor Roll. "

I agree to an extent on evaluating OL, but this is really strange. Going from Butler to a grad transfer w/offers from Miami, Oklahoma & Texas just doesn't happen.

JJ Watt was a 2 star coming out of high school

Yet he didn't go to Butler. Yes, there are outliers, and by no means am I saying this kid isn't a take, just saying this is really a unique situation that I'd like to know how he ended up at Butler & is now a coveted grad transfer recruit by elite schools/

This looks like a Stacy Special...1 last Fück you as he heads for the curtains with a pink slip and a severance package

Advertisement
Delaney was okay. Nothing special.
Delaney got burnt repeatedly in coverage (especially the first half of the season). He was good against run-oriented teams like GT. He wasn't anywhere close to the caliber of Reed, Sean Taylor, Buchanan, Bennie Blades etc. We're Miami -- we're supposed to be better than pulling in JAGs. Let's get back to excellence.

Delaney got burnt repeatedly in coverage (especially the first half of the season). He was good against run-oriented teams like GT. He wasn't anywhere close to the caliber of Reed, Sean Taylor, Buchanan, Bennie Blades etc. We're Miami -- we're supposed to be better than pulling in JAGs. Let's get back to excellence.

In that case we haven’t had anyone even close to the talent and production of those guys you mentioned...you are bringing up guys from 15+ years ago lol

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back