2024 OL Board (2024 Edition)

Donno covered Joseph Ionata on today's episode of Locked On Canes. Apparently, Ionata is a Noles legacy so don't get too attached unless the Noles aren't interested.

Advertisement
Advertisement
OL is Mario and Mirabal's specialty. We got spoiled in 2023. Can we continue the trend in 2024? Post potential recruit targets below

Priority Targets:

• Isendre “Papa” Ahfua
  • Josiah Thompson
  • Jimothy Lewis
Potential Targets

• Eddy Pierre-Louis
  • Chase Malamala
  • Zuri Madison
  • Preston Taumua
  • Guerby Lambert (Roxbury/Boston)
  • Fletcher Westphal (VA)
  • Ory Williams (San Marcos TX)
  • Max Anderson
  • Brandon Baker
  • Kam Pringle
  • DeAndre Carter
  • Michael Uini
  • Daniel Calhoun
  • Jordan Seaton
  • Isaiah "Ike" Garcia
  • Jake Guarnera
  • Joseph Ionata
  • **** Finau
  • Liam Andrews
Good list, thanks. I've know Calhoun since he was a baby. He's huge and comes from a big football family. Bro played DL at Wake. Dad coaches and brother does as well. Entire family made up of excellent fabric. 👌🏽 Great people. Daniel can play big time.

- Guerby Lambert (Roxbury/Boston); another high rated 4 (borderline 5) -star OT from the Boston area like Okunlola.

- Fletcher Westphal (VA); very good mobility for his size; plays with good punch & burst, finishes his blocks with aggression.

- Ory Williams (San Marcos TX) 6’7 320 with lean athletic frame, but has a questionable motor at times & needs to work on his footwork overall. Might be better suited at Guard.
I know jacksquat about Lambert's recruitment but I'ma go out on a limb and say the only way he's not a Cane is if Mario/Mirabal don't want him. I've seen his tape. I'm sure they'll take him. Too much working in our favor from Day 1.

First of all, Samson Okunlola is a Cane. I think that signing may have set a precedent in & around Beantown. Especially if Samson becomes the high NFL pick he's expected to be. It may give us the inside track on any stud OL coming out of that area. Lambert is up next.

Second of all, as we've all witnessed, it's a new day with regards to our commitment to football and the caliber of recruiters on staff. The playing field has been leveled by a measurable degree and that amplifies our unique qualities and advantages(weather, diversity, international appeal, etc.). Factors that were obsolete given how operations were previously ran.

Lastly, Lambert is a Haitian kid from Roxbury. That Roxbury/Mattapan area is the Boston equivalent of Little Haiti or North Miami. As a dude from Dade with a good amount of lifelong friends of Haitian background, I've interacted with lots of their relatives from Boston. They all love it here. Which is why I used to be perplexed when the Albert Jean-Louises and Lewis Cines of the world decommitt or never consider us. We now know the reasons why.

So, let's review. We have the dude who was in his shoes the year before. We're serious about football and we're located in an area that's likely thought of as a second home. Sounds like a lay-up to me...

Joseph Ionata was on Croot on the U last night talking about his UM offer. I may have been wrong about FSU being a stone cold lock if they offer. Apparently, his dad played w/Stroud at FSU and he loves the Mirabal/Cristobal combo as OL coaches. He also said he went up against the #1 edge in the nation from Berkley prep. Need to find those highlights.

Edit: He went up against Keon Keeley.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know jacksquat about Lambert's recruitment but I'ma go out on a limb and say the only way he's not a Cane is if Mario/Mirabal don't want him. I've seen his tape. I'm sure they'll take him. Too much working in our favor from Day 1.

First of all, Samson Okunlola is a Cane. I think that signing may have set a precedent in & around Beantown. Especially if Samson becomes the high NFL pick he's expected to be. It may give us the inside track on any stud OL coming out of that area. Lambert is up next.

Second of all, as we've all witnessed, it's a new day with regards to our commitment to football and the caliber of recruiters on staff. The playing field has been leveled by a measurable degree and that amplifies our unique qualities and advantages(weather, diversity, international appeal, etc.). Factors that were obsolete given how operations were previously ran.

Lastly, Lambert is a Haitian kid from Roxbury. That Roxbury/Mattapan area is the Boston equivalent of Little Haiti or North Miami. As a dude from Dade with a good amount of lifelong friends of Haitian background, I've interacted with lots of their relatives from Boston. They all love it here. Which is why I used to be perplexed when the Albert Jean-Louises and Lewis Cines of the world decommitt or never consider us. We now know the reasons why.

So, let's review. We have the dude who was in his shoes the year before. We're serious about football and we're located in an area that's likely thought of as a second home. Sounds like a lay-up to me...
He’d be a nice, high upside player to develop behind this year’s class. Doesn’t look as ready as Samson but seems like the length and feet are there to develop the next couple years. I was impressed by Liam Andrew’s tape too, showed on defense he can really move, and I think he’s visited

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why is there such as big divergence between the 247 rating and composite rating for Pringle? How can he be the composite #1 OT and ranked so low on 247? Same issue with Lambert who's #2 in the Composite.

Advertisement
Back