Ol blocking vs fsu

brock

All-American
To me I feel like we blocked fsu a lot better as far as the passing game goes. Encouraging signs since we know they have an elite front. Outside of a few plays I thought McDermott and St. Louis did very well. Outside Most of the first 2 quarters the interior guys blocked well. Donaldson held his own vs a potential 1st round pick in Derrick nandi who by the way only had 2 assisted tackles and 0.5 tfls. Gaynor look well when he came in for donaldson as well. The running game is still a work in progress against a front like this, no doubt we need to improve here but they came in when we needed them the most on those 2 Travis Homer runs imo. I will say there was a few runs that if he walton was healthy he would have been able to hit the hole but he tried to bounce it out which didn’t work it well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Im more impressed with the discipline they showed, **** sounded loud on my tv.

Every single game our OL gets a little bit better. Testament to Searels, KC went from eating dirt on every play to being a veteran leader inside the line and out of it.

Like I said, never been prouder than seeing those five on the last drive, especially Gaynor, kid was at his prom just a couple months ago.

They stepped up when it mattered most.

Still don't like how easily they get moved in the run game.

Advertisement
Back