OL and offensive success.

Advertisement
Thanks Sully. Great stuff on building a dominant team from the OL out, e.g. Dallas and Oakland.

I read a similar piece about OLine dominance a couple of years ago that underlined two additional key advantages of having a stellar OL:

* great OLs don't care about playing at home or away. They don't thrive on emotion or the crowd. Instead, they play as a controlled unit that wants to physically abuse the other team. They play that way every game, not just at home.

* great OLs don't care about the weather. Again, their pride comes from great play of the unit. No excellent OLineman would play poorly in lousy weather because he would be letting down his unit. Not gonna happen.

I agree. A great OL will have the same type of impact on our offense as our DL did on our defense this year

Oline will not be the huge liability it was earlier this year. In fact, I expect the Oline to be a strong point for Miami with the experienced players coming back and the infusion of talent with Donaldson and the transfer from Louisiana.

Advertisement
OL was responsible for losing us more games than QB play.
Nah, I gotta disagree with that...

OL play was probably most responsible for the Va Tech loss, but vs FSU & UNC, that's mainly on Kaaya & overall inept offensive play.

Against Notre Dame, that was a team effort Loss... The offense played the worst half of football they played all year, the Defense had trouble getting off the field as well.

Advertisement
Back