Oklahoma State talks Canes in pre bowl game press conference

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
On challenges the Miami Hurricanes' defense presents:

"They're aggressive, they're very multiple and they're aggressive, so we've got to be on point as far as blitz pick up and things. They do a good job of disguising it, they're really talented, they've got good team speed. It'll be fun for us. This is a heckuva game. Our guys are excited about the game and excited about the opponent. It's a lot better than drawing a team that's 2-8, that's for **** sure. We're excited about this and looking forward to kicking this thing off on Tuesday."

On Miami QB D'Eriq King:
"Well he's extremely mobile, and as you know he's a guy who can make plays with his arm, make all the throws. His arm talent is high, he's just dangerous — I don't think there's anything he can't do, so he stresses a defense in all aspects. He's really a complete quarterback when it comes to the modern-day college football game."

On difficulty rushing D'Eriq King:

"It's challenging. It's a catch-22, right? You have to pull your trigger and you have to take your shots when you have them, otherwise you'll be completely ineffective. At the same time we have to balance the rush and have different calls to make sure that we have options to present different looks for him and see how he's handling different things and where's he making more plays. You just got to be able to change it up, but you do have to take your shot when you have them."

Tylan Wallce, WR:
On what stands out about Miami's defense:

"From watching them they play a lot of Cover 1, basically somewhat man. I think that really stood out to us and I think that's going to be a really good matchup: us wideouts versus their DBs. I think it's going to be a real fun game. Really excited and hopefully a lot of deep balls."

Tyler Lacey, DE
On pass rush against D'Eriq King:

"For me just being quicker in what I do and making decision in what I do and try to stick with the decisions. Just watching him and try to figure out where he's trying to go and beat him to the place of where he's trying to go is the main focus. Don't want to rush tentative, but still be aware of him scrambling and running out of the pocket."

Lacy also said King reminds him of "last year Jalen Hurts - he reminds me of him running the ball and trying to get downfield, doing something with his legs. And he also can sit back in the pocket and release the ball."

Last edited:
Advertisement
ADE47758-3FD9-4635-A4D5-80834519E487.jpeg

Save the wiz for between the quarters and at half time.. Unless of course you are my age.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"It'll be fun for us."
"Our guys are excited about the game and excited about the opponent."
"I think that's going to be a really good matchup: us wideouts versus their DBs. I think it's going to be a real fun game."

Is all coach speak but read between the lines.
These quotes show they think their offense is going to have a fun day.

"It'll be fun for us."
"I think that's going to be a really good matchup: us wideouts versus their DBs. I think it's going to be a real fun game."

That’s exactly what it sounds like!! No respect but after UNC 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'LL be watching MIAMI HURRICANES VS OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS bowl. This will be a very exciting game. That's what I care

"It'll be fun for us."

If you watched those 11 pylons we put on the field against UNC and you were up next, you'd be excited too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back