Oklahoma - Mayfield

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
Combine some creative and aggressive offense with a accurate athletic QB and it's just about unstoppable. Crazy how good that offense is. Clearly a unique situation, but we didn't have the offensive creativity or the playmaking at QB. Hopefully we can upgrade both aspects, because while Oklahoma has a once in a decade combination going, there is no reason we can't be much better on O. Hopefully Richt sees some of this and opens his eyes to some new creative concepts.

Advertisement
Im with the old program of Stoops, but OU will have to make the freshman act like it in Fromm.

Oklahoma has been scoring points for years. There offense has gotten more creative and more multiple recently. They get plenty of skill talent. Hollywood Brown may be the fastest wr I have seen all year getting over the top. Seems to catch a least 2 deep balls every game.

He made some laser accurate throws that first drive. Pinpoint accuracy, dude will be great in the NFL.

This should be a fun game as OU's defense hasn't proven to be anything but bad this year. UGA won't stop the OU express though, I'm not sure anyone can.

Advertisement
Watching this game mad me realize just how far we actually are. There's no way we could of kept up with any of those teams today. OU has better talent at every position and still, when watching their offense, you see multiple formations, pre-snap movement, trick plays, misdirection and everything else that will let you to believe they plan out outschemeing you as well.

I love RICHT but our offense is going to need a HUGE infusion of creativity if we want to be a playoff team

If Richt can get a good offensive line and a solid QB, you may be surprised at how effective the offense can be.

As great as Mayfield was in the first half, look at how tough it was for him in the second half when Georgia was in the backfield all the time.

Advertisement
Back