Oklahoma drills will return to Green Tree (Are U Ready)

paranos has aspergers and doesn't know what he's talking about. and using an example of a drill that isn't all out in pre game is just stupid.

Advertisement
We must be running out of **** to talk about. Come on spring practice.

No, Poranos just loves attention and starts many threads just to get it.

paranos has aspergers and doesn't know what he's talking about. and using an example of a drill that isn't all out in pre game is just stupid.

[MENTION=908]Hurracanes[/MENTION] WTF are you talking about. I start threads to share information. I don't need attention unlike you with your sad attempt at provocation with the above comments.

[MENTION=448]5XNC[/MENTION] I used the video that was clearly label by Canes All Access as OK-Drills ( obviously it is not a full drill but rather a circle variant of an OK-Drill) and I said in my original post that UGA used a full contact multiple personnel OK-Drill which is clearly different and more physical than what Miami has done in the last 4 years. So unless you can provide video evidence to the lateral, please shut the **** up and go ***** yourself.

Look we all come here to share thoughts and information about the Canes not deal with your bull crap an petty attacks on postings to which are clearly to make yourselves feel better. If you don't have something constructive to share than please keep your asinine (look it up in the dictionary) comments to yourselves.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Mark Richt is a big proponent of the Oklahoma drills so they will most likely return to green tree but this time as full contact. I would imagine they would be very similar to the ones he ran at UGA. Notice the hurry up component as well moving the LOS, all done without substitution to simulate a game sitution.

[video=youtube;wM-uLPHpQec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-uLPHpQec[/video]
Who is that playing nose? He was tossing the center. Hopefully that is Richt's number one priority next recruiting cycle.....

Mark Richt is a big proponent of the Oklahoma drills so they will most likely return to green tree but this time as full contact. I would imagine they would be very similar to the ones he ran at UGA. Notice the hurry up component as well moving the LOS, all done without substitution to simulate a game sitution.
Who is that playing nose? He was tossing the center. Hopefully that is Richt's number one priority next recruiting cycle.....

the Nose tackle in the UGA video that is manhandling the center is No. 96 Daquan Hawkins (2015 class 4* DT).

Link to his info
DaQuan Hawkins, Georgia, Defensive Tackle

Go Canes

Last edited:
Getting down on the guy for posting a link to something a tad bit interesting, that's lame.

Advertisement

the Nose tackle in the UGA video that is manhandling the center is #96 Daquan Hawkins (2015 class 4* DT).

Go Canes

No reason Richt and Kool shouldn't be able to identify and bring in quality dlinemen like him....

We must be running out of **** to talk about. Come on spring practice.

No, Poranos just loves attention and starts many threads just to get it.

[MENTION=908]Hurracanes[/MENTION] WTF are you talking about. I start threads to share information. I don't need attention unlike you with your sad attempt at provocation with the above comments.

[MENTION=448]5XNC[/MENTION] I used the video that was clearly label by Canes All Access as OK-Drills ( obviously it is not a full drill but rather a circle variant of an OK-Drill) and I said in my original post that UGA used a full contact multiple personnel OK-Drill which is clearly different and more physical than what Miami has done in the last 4 years. So unless you can provide video evidence to the lateral, please shut the **** up and go ***** yourself.

Look we all come here to share thoughts and information about the Canes not deal with your bull crap an petty attacks on postings to which are clearly to make yourselves feel better. If you don't have something constructive to share than please keep your asinine (look it up in the dictionary) comments to yourselves.

Go Canes

Yeah, you are right, the guy who starts countless of threads and has roughly 6,000 posts doesn't want attention. What was I thinking?

Side note Dr. Michael Burry was diagnosed with aspergers as well and graduated from Vanderbilt School of Medicine... oh and from 2000-2008 his company your net gain would be +242% while the stock market or S&P500 only made a 2% gain during the same period.

Can't base everything off the fact that their isn't a youtube video about it. We did the same exact thing. Only patty cake format.

Advertisement
That's not an Oklahoma drill in the video. It's just an inside drill, basically OL vs. DL. Everyone does them in college football and pretty much all levels of football.

Teams will do a 7-on-5 drill to toughen up run defense inside as well. That is more similar to the Oklahoma drill for the MLB, as he has to take on a block head-on and then make the tackle if the DL doesn't beat the OL straight up.

What's funny is the Oklahoma drill is so antiquated with today's football. Ask any OL out there and he'll tell you what he has trouble with is speed, not smashmouth LB'ers. Speed to get around them in space before they can get to the spot. They can handle LB'ers who want to go head-up with them and play patty-cake, but they HATE these quick guys who can diagnose a play and run it down before they can get there.

Drills that are becoming much more valuable are drills that ask LB's to diagnose and OL to block in space. Much less violence involved, much more effective at building skills that will show up in games. I love big hits as much as the next guy, but they're mostly unnecessary and so is the need for a true Oklahoma drill. Those are a quick way to get your team hurt. You can teach getting off blocks without full contact.

I'll be glad when we get to the point where the offensive players hate the defensive players b/c the practices are so raw....then that translate on the football field as the offense running up the score and challenging the defense to shut out the opponents. Then we'll be officially back

Advertisement
Back