Okay let's see what Golden has actually done.

I don't think that Golden is the right coach AT ALL! However, he is getting a "fair" 3 years to be assessed by admin. If we don't have at least 9 wins, kiss his @ss goodbye.

Good recruiter, great marketer of the program, terrible game day coach. We all know this. Lets just watch how this season unfolds.

Still going to watch and hope canes win

he's been given 4...about to be 5

Advertisement
"So defensively it was pretty similar."

this is the most retarded comment I've ever seen on this board. seriously?

Alfraud has the 2 worst defenses in school history. back to back.

comparing the defensive rankings in 2010 vs 2014 is a horrible comparison for many reasons.

if you cant see how pathetic our defense is under Alfruad, then you should just stop watching football

From a stat perspective it was similar. I definitely with my own eyes think Golden's was worse, but stat wise it was similar. All I was pointing out is that we had Shannon for 4 years and Golden for 4 years and haven't accomplished a **** thing.

Last edited:
We upgraded interview verbiage, and that’s it! Where’s the results???

All we got from Shannon was: “It’s like I tell them guys, it’s like anything else…”

Golden’s good for stuff like this: “I came here to coach football, man,” Golden said. “I didn’t come to be the dean of discipline. … We’re not dealing with a lot of external stuff.” “There’s a lot of trust right now. There’s a bond in the room that we haven’t seen in a while. That’s been exhilarating to be around a team like that. When everybody comes on time or is early and has suggestions to make things better, that’s awesome. That’s what we need to keep doing. Get the distractions out of here. Hold each other accountable. I’m excited about the direction of our team.”

Al is a good wholesome guy that wants things to work out for the best, by gathering the pieces of the puzzle together. However, he wants the puzzle to figure it out on its own.

Golden lacks the ability to be the “Field General” Bennie Blades spoke of… He’s an administrator, period!

Oh and he gives a better Interview than Shannon.

and if you look at the stats the OP posted what really stands out is the lack of offensive production. Coley is not getting it done so far. This year he needs to produce or he will get himself and Al fired. He's been OJT long enough.

Plenty of people on here have said their thoughts on Golden, and some still defend him. So let's just do an honest true evaluation. No just throwing out hate or praise blindly.

First off where we were at before Golden.

Shannon went the following

5-7
7-6
9-4
7-6

No need to talk about how underwhelming this is. Now Golden

6-6
7-5
9-4
6-7

This is almost a MIRROR of Shannon. 1 game difference the 1st year and 1 more loss the last for Golden.

At the end of Shannon 2010 (year 4) we were ranked the following statistically

Shannon 2010
Total Offense - [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 1[/URL]
Scoring Offense - #66
Passing Offense - #43
Rushing Offense - #29

Golden 2014
Total Offense - #47
Scoring Offense - #62
Passing Offense - #48
Rushing Offense - #50

These numbers speak for themselves.

Now onto the 2010 vs 2014 defense

Shannon 2010
Total Defense - #22
Scoring Defense - #27
Rushing Defense - #83
Passing Defense - #3

Golden 2014
Total Defense - #14
Scoring Defense - #3 7
Rushing Defense - #3 0
Passing Defense - #17

So defensively it was pretty similar. Shannon was better in scoring defense, Golden better in total. Shannon was better in passing defense. Golden was much better at rushing... but still...very very similar.

So no bias. No just empty hate... this is pure facts. Al Golden did about exactly the same as Shannon, and we gave Shannon 4 years...why we are giving Golden more...I have no idea, but if we are trying to raise our standards and compete at a high level then Golden is no better than Shannon.

Also Golden has been given a lot more resources than Shannon had.

Advertisement
Coker, then Shannon, then Golden: Absolute chitstorm of imcompetence and cluelessness. Only success was this trio making the program absolutely irrelevant and a raving dumpster fire.

From the penthouse to the outhouse. You cannot make this stuff up. INCOMPETENCE, THY NAME IS MIAMI!

Last edited:
I don't think that Golden is the right coach AT ALL! However, he is getting a "fair" 3 years to be assessed by admin. If we don't have at least 9 wins, kiss his @ss goodbye.

Good recruiter, great marketer of the program, terrible game day coach. We all know this. Lets just watch how this season unfolds.

He has had it "fair" from them moment he took the job.
Maybe not to compete for a national championship but certainly not to loose to the level of teams he has.

THIS. some of you will never accept the fact that under Shalala the administration could not care less about football, and probably under the new soccer president things will not change. I have said it before- the Board of Trustees and the administration leadership is fine with Miami becoming the Tulane or Vanderbilt of south Florida

Al Golden did about exactly the same as Shannon, and we gave Shannon 4 years...why we are giving Golden more...I have no idea, but if we are trying to raise our standards and compete at a high level then Golden is no better than Shannon.

The answer is simple and disheartening, just as it was in January when we all learned Golden was being retained. The administration isn't trying to raise our football program's standards or compete at a high level. They don't care. That's why Golden is still here.

Advertisement
Those stats on Golden are hard to read. Don't know why. Kind of hazy. Let me check the forecast:

yanet-garcia-sokek-2.gif

I'm sorry. What were we talking about? Oh, Golden. Yeah, that ****** sucks.

Would eat cereal from that *** w/ no milk

You lost me when you said good recruiter. He has the audacity to say we finally have one heartbeat. NEWSFLASH: Those kids have been his kids the entire time and he FINALLY has one heartbeat. The used car salesman strikes again.

Shannon took over a team not that many years removed from a national championship contending team. Neither got the job done and barring a big turn around, we will be bashing a new coach in 2016 and comparing him to Shannon AND Golden.

Advertisement
As ludicrous as it sounds.. the reason is b/c Goldie says he was blindsided with the NCAA so they decided to give him one more year. Im not a believer that the admin doesnt care but they just have no clue how to run a football program.. I believe this really is a ACC championship or bust year. He doesnt win the Coastal and hes fired.

Blindsided by the NCAA.

It's hilarious that people still believe this nonsense.

I still believe its that *** clown Shalala how caused all the issues , Golden is pawn for the real issue/ AG should of never of been hired from the start . I never liked the hire and thought we would suck under his watch. I hate when I am right we blow and this isn't going to get better until we hire somebody who is qualified.

Shannon took over a team not that many years removed from a national championship contending team. Neither got the job done and barring a big turn around, we will be bashing a new coach in 2016 and comparing him to Shannon AND Golden.

Agreed. Especially since that new coach will more than likely be one of Golden's underlings like James Coley. They'll pay someone a fat fee to look for a warm body to take this job and find no one interested (am excluding Davis and Leach, who would come here in a heartbeat but will never be considered) so they'll just promote from within.....AGAIN. And they'll fail AGAIN.

Last edited:
As ludicrous as it sounds.. the reason is b/c Goldie says he was blindsided with the NCAA so they decided to give him one more year. Im not a believer that the admin doesnt care but they just have no clue how to run a football program.. I believe this really is a ACC championship or bust year. He doesnt win the Coastal and hes fired.

He's fired....4 and 8 or bust.

Advertisement
I see no validity is saying that golden has not yet been fully evaluated. The 2014 season was about as good of a set of evidence needed to evaluate any coach. Again, wait until after the 2016 NFL draft and you will fully realize just how stacked the 2014 roster was. ANY competent coach wins 9+ games with the 2014 schedule & roster.

As for the direct comparison with golden and Randy, I'll say this: I think Randy's lone 9 win season was more of an accomplishment than golden's 9 win season. Randy beat an 11 win team in 2009, as well as a win over FSU, albeit a 7-6 FSU team. Golden's 9 win season was a result of trading Notre Dame and Kansas State for FAU and Savannah State on the schedule.

2013-Miami (Florida) (ACC)​
8/30vs.Florida Atlantic (6-6)W346
9/7vs.Florida (4-8)W2116
9/21vs.Savannah State (non-IA)W777
9/28@South Florida (2-10)W4921
10/5vs.*Georgia Tech (7-6)W4530
10/17@*North Carolina (7-6)W2723
10/26vs.*Wake Forest (4-8)W2421
11/2@*Florida State (14-0)L1441
11/9vs.*Virginia Tech (8-5)L2442
11/16@*Duke (10-4)L3048
11/23vs.*Virginia (2-10)W4526