Okay let's see what Golden has actually done.

RL52U

Redshirt Freshman
Plenty of people on here have said their thoughts on Golden, and some still defend him. So let's just do an honest true evaluation. No just throwing out hate or praise blindly.

First off where we were at before Golden.

Shannon went the following

5-7
7-6
9-4
7-6

No need to talk about how underwhelming this is. Now Golden

6-6
7-5
9-4
6-7

This is almost a MIRROR of Shannon. 1 game difference the 1st year and 1 more loss the last for Golden.

At the end of Shannon 2010 (year 4) we were ranked the following statistically

Shannon 2010
Total Offense - [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 1[/URL]
Scoring Offense - #66
Passing Offense - #43
Rushing Offense - #29

Golden 2014
Total Offense - #47
Scoring Offense - #62
Passing Offense - #48
Rushing Offense - #50

These numbers speak for themselves.

Now onto the 2010 vs 2014 defense

Shannon 2010
Total Defense - #22
Scoring Defense - #27
Rushing Defense - #83
Passing Defense - #3

Golden 2014
Total Defense - #14
Scoring Defense - #3 7
Rushing Defense - #3 0
Passing Defense - #17

So defensively it was pretty similar. Shannon was better in scoring defense, Golden better in total. Shannon was better in passing defense. Golden was much better at rushing... but still...very very similar.

So no bias. No just empty hate... this is pure facts. Al Golden did about exactly the same as Shannon, and we gave Shannon 4 years...why we are giving Golden more...I have no idea, but if we are trying to raise our standards and compete at a high level then Golden is no better than Shannon.

Advertisement
Al Golden did about exactly the same as Shannon, and we gave Shannon 4 years...why we are giving Golden more...I have no idea, but if we are trying to raise our standards and compete at a high level then Golden is no better than Shannon.

The answer is simple and disheartening, just as it was in January when we all learned Golden was being retained. The administration isn't trying to raise our football program's standards or compete at a high level. They don't care. That's why Golden is still here.

As ludicrous as it sounds.. the reason is b/c Goldie says he was blindsided with the NCAA so they decided to give him one more year. Im not a believer that the admin doesnt care but they just have no clue how to run a football program.. I believe this really is a ACC championship or bust year. He doesnt win the Coastal and hes fired.

Advertisement
Al Golden did about exactly the same as Shannon, and we gave Shannon 4 years...why we are giving Golden more...I have no idea, but if we are trying to raise our standards and compete at a high level then Golden is no better than Shannon.

The answer is simple and disheartening, just as it was in January when we all learned Golden was being retained. The administration isn't trying to raise our football program's standards or compete at a high level. They don't care. That's why Golden is still here.

Actually it's because he's white and speaks well.

#BBB

they needed someone who wouldnt leave. they blindesided him but who wants to go back to temple which is in the worst ghetto of philly.

Those stats on Golden are hard to read. Don't know why. Kind of hazy. Let me check the forecast:

yanet-garcia-sokek-2.gif

I'm sorry. What were we talking about? Oh, Golden. Yeah, that ****** sucks.

As ludicrous as it sounds.. the reason is b/c Goldie says he was blindsided with the NCAA so they decided to give him one more year. Im not a believer that the admin doesnt care but they just have no clue how to run a football program.. I believe this really is a ACC championship or bust year. He doesnt win the Coastal and hes fired.

Blindsided by the NCAA.

It's hilarious that people still believe this nonsense.

Advertisement
"So defensively it was pretty similar."

this is the most retarded comment I've ever seen on this board. seriously?

Alfraud has the 2 worst defenses in school history. back to back.

comparing the defensive rankings in 2010 vs 2014 is a horrible comparison for many reasons.

if you cant see how pathetic our defense is under Alfruad, then you should just stop watching football

Advertisement
He's lasted longer than Shannon because his contract makes it much harder to get rid of him.

Stay tuned. Golden is going down just like Randy did. It just will take one year longer because of the money. Nothing to get your racist panties in a bind over.

Advertisement
I don't think that Golden is the right coach AT ALL! However, he is getting a "fair" 3 years to be assessed by admin. If we don't have at least 9 wins, kiss his @ss goodbye.

Good recruiter, great marketer of the program, terrible game day coach. We all know this. Lets just watch how this season unfolds.

Still going to watch and hope canes win

comparing the defensive rankings in 2010 vs 2014 is a horrible comparison for many reasons.

if you cant see how pathetic our defense is under Alfruad, then you should just stop watching football

I wasn't a fan of Randy's vanilla 4-3 Defense but it was superior to Golden's stupid Defensive system.

I wasn't a fan of Randy's vanilla 4-3 Defense but it was superior to Golden's stupid Defensive system.

yeah it has some flaws but I would give my left nut to have a defense like that compared to what we've endured under Alfraud

Advertisement
Back