Ok what happened

caneofny

Sophomore
Didn't see any of the game. Too many threads to go through. Can anyone give me a non bull**** synopsis of 3 or 4 sentences of what happened today? No trolls, just honest breakdown.

Advertisement
We suck. They beat the **** out of us. We folded early and they went in raw. This program is a ******* dumpster fire. Hope that helps.

UNC won the battle and lost the war. They gave us another embarrassing beat down and in so doing also moved the dial much closer to Butch becoming our new HC.

The coaching is beyond awful. No surprise there. These players also are not Miami caliber. They're quitters, soft, and ******* stupid. I'd be surprised if any of those idiots can even read. No one associated with this team should be allowed to wear the U. They're a complete embarrassment.

Advertisement
Didn't see any of the game. Too many threads to go through. Can anyone give me a non bull**** synopsis of 3 or 4 sentences of what happened today? No trolls, just honest breakdown.

Did you watch Clemson? You're welcome

Gave up 2 quick td's. Gave up sacks & turned the ball over. D'NO can't coach for **** and we can't stop the speed option. We were never in it. Yearby has some heart.

After seeing Larry go for a field goal easily inside the 20 instead on going for it on fourth down, it was quickly apparent these kids are being coached by at best high school coaches. Absolutely incredible he went for the field goal when we were down 24-0. WOW, THIS STAFF IS INCOMPETENT, THANK YOU AL and the ADMINISTRATION. BBB!

Advertisement
Game was over in 1st quarter when Brad refused to dive for a loose ball. Golden's fearless leader exemplified everything that is wrong with the program. Remember when SteMo ran out of bounds to avoid a hit instead of picking up an important first down at FSU? Brad has that same eye of the lap dog.

Rozier gives them the best shot to win.

Game was over in 1st quarter when Brad refused to dive for a loose ball. Golden's fearless leader exemplified everything that is wrong with the program. Remember when SteMo ran out of bounds to avoid a hit instead of picking up an important first down at FSU? Brad has that same eye of the lap dog.

Rozier gives them the best shot to win.

I do remember that play. So do you think this program still takes on the personality of Golden?

Advertisement

We played hard for about 7 minutes. Then we made a mistake, the floodgates opened, and the team (or at least the defense) quit. We're also horribly undisciplined -- lots of BS penalties by the refs today, but we definitely don't play sharp or smart out there. At one point, we had more yards than UNC, but they were up 31-0 because of penalties, turnovers, poor special teams, short fields given to their offense, and a defense that doesn't do a single thing even remotely well.

That last part is what has bothered me so much. Some defenses are strong against the pass but weak against the run. Others load up to stop the run, but you can beat them deep. Some are good in the middle and you have to use speed to beat them on the edges. Our defense doesn't take ANYTHING away from the opposing offense. We line up in our normal formation (when we actually get lined up on time), play our normal conservative coverage, maybe bring a poorly disguised blitz that's easily picked up, and then let the other team gash us doing whatever they want to. QB runs out of the option? He goes 10 yards before he's touched. Passes down the middle of the field? The zone is so soft that there isn't anyone within 5 yards of the receiver when he catches it. It boggles the mind how bad this defense has been for years, and it all rests on the shoulders of Golden and D'Onofrio. Their system depends on the other team to shoot themselves in the foot in order to be effective. When going up against a decent team, it just flat out doesn't work.

We played hard for about 7 minutes. Then we made a mistake, the floodgates opened, and the team (or at least the defense) quit. We're also horribly undisciplined -- lots of BS penalties by the refs today, but we definitely don't play sharp or smart out there. At one point, we had more yards than UNC, but they were up 31-0 because of penalties, turnovers, poor special teams, short fields given to their offense, and a defense that doesn't do a single thing even remotely well.

That last part is what has bothered me so much. Some defenses are strong against the pass but weak against the run. Others load up to stop the run, but you can beat them deep. Some are good in the middle and you have to use speed to beat them on the edges. Our defense doesn't take ANYTHING away from the opposing offense. We line up in our normal formation (when we actually get lined up on time), play our normal conservative coverage, maybe bring a poorly disguised blitz that's easily picked up, and then let the other team gash us doing whatever they want to. QB runs out of the option? He goes 10 yards before he's touched. Passes down the middle of the field? The zone is so soft that there isn't anyone within 5 yards of the receiver when he catches it. It boggles the mind how bad this defense has been for years, and it all rests on the shoulders of Golden and D'Onofrio. Their system depends on the other team to shoot themselves in the foot in order to be effective. When going up against a decent team, it just flat out doesn't work.
agree with this completely. Would only add the OL play was so putrid that nothing worked. At all at any point in the game. Awful showing.

Advertisement
Back