Ok, we can talk about Ed now

You should have read the second paragraph of the website you pulled this from a bit more carefully. The age of consent in Texas is 17, which is reinforced in several statutes. But that's where the first half of the article loses its veracity.

Under Texas Penal Code 22.011(e)(2), it is an affirmative defense to a claim of sexual assault if the actor was "not more than three years older than the victim" and the victim "was a child of 14 years or older." So, under the Texas Penal Code, it is statutory rape to have *** with somebody under seventeen — unless you are within three years of age of the younger person and the younger person is at least fourteen. Thus, and contrary to the quoted passage, Texas does have some protections in place for proximity in age. But, because it is an affirmative defense (which must be raised by the defendant in response to a charge), a Texas prosecutor with an ax to grind or just having a rough week or who hates l$u football could still bring charges against someone within the 3 year window provided by the statute (but that person would likely be acquitted eventually upon proof that he and the alleged victim were within 3 years in age).

But all of the above deals with "ordinary" sexual assault. The article says Ed was charged with two counts of "aggravated sexual assault of a minor." Pursuant to Texas Penal Code 22.021, the factors that change a sexual assault from "ordinary" to "aggravated" under Texas law are:
  • Causes serious bodily injury or attempting to cause the death of the victim or someone else in the course of the crime;
  • Places the victim in fear that they or another person will be seriously physically hurt, killed, kidnapped, or trafficked;
  • Threatens to seriously physically harm, kill, kidnap, or traffic another person;
  • Uses or exhibit a deadly weapon during the crime;
  • Acts in concert with another person who also sexual assaults the victim during the same course of criminal conduct; or
  • Administers a substance that impairs the victim’s ability to judge the nature of your conduct or resist; or
  • Assaults a child under the age of 14 years, regardless of whether you knew the child’s age at the time of the sexual conduct.
So, the State of Texas is not just alleging that Ed had *** with a minor; they are alleging he also either: (1) physically hurt her or tried to kill her; (2) placed her in fear of injury, murder, kidnapping, or trafficking; (3) threatened to seriously hurt her, kill her, kidnap her, or traffic her; (4) used a deadly weapon; (5) involved another individual in the assault (a second perpetrator); (6) drugged her or otherwise impaired her judgment; or (7) the girl was under the age of 14.

This post is not intended as legal advice. Please consult an attorney licensed in Texas for any questions you may have about Texas's statutory rape laws (especially if your name is Ed Ingram).
This is why people hate lawyers. This bum negged me and then wrote his senior thesis explaining why I was correct.

We know what he was charged with. Any implications were based on the charges. We don’t need the Texas penal code explained in that much detail, when 95% of it ignores the charges.

Advertisement
This is why people hate lawyers. This bum negged me and then wrote his senior thesis explaining why I was correct.

We know what he was charged with. Any implications were based on the charges. We don’t need the Texas penal code explained in that much detail, when 95% of it ignores the charges.

Nah, it's because people don't like being shown they are wrong and we typically drive nice cars.
On another note, if someone clicking "Disagree" with your post causes you this much consternation and causes you to immediately resort to name-calling, I recommend you pass on message boards.

Nah, it's because people don't like being shown they are wrong and we typically drive nice cars.
On another note, if someone clicking "Disagree" with your post causes you this much consternation and causes you to immediately resort to name-calling, I recommend you pass on message boards.
Yeah that or the constant talking down their noses to people and littering a football board with unnecessary information.

The man was charged with aggravated sexual battery of a minor. Not statutory rape, ya ball washing b*stard. Nobody is impressed with you being able to cite the Texas statute regarding statutory rape.

And fvck yo car. I have a BMW 5 series with a twin turbo 6 cylinder diesel, custom computer, delete kit, and custom exhaust. It’s a Hellcat eating machine. Line your POS next to it for slips.

I posted the information without commentary or emphasis. The information wasn’t 100% accurate. Oh well. My bad.

He’s been charged with a heavy load, but that doesn’t make him guilty of anything. Yet. So your “…not just alleging...” at this point is just that, allegations.

I don't disagree with any of this (i.e. your post was not entirely accurate, Ed Ingram is facing serious very charges, and the State of Texas has levied allegations against him) nor did I even insinuate Ed is guilty of anything, so I'm not certain what you are driving at here.

That being said, I do disagree with any prior insinuation (from any of the previous posters), that the State of Texas is may merely be charging him with a lessor "19 year old having *** with a 16/17 year old" type of crime. Those are not the charges. The charges, if true, paint a much more nefarious picture.

Yeah that or the constant talking down their noses to people and littering a football board with unnecessary information.

The man was charged with aggravated sexual battery of a minor. Not statutory rape, ya ball washing b*stard. Nobody is impressed with you being able to cite the Texas statute regarding statutory rape.

And fvck yo car. I have a BMW 5 series with a twin turbo 6 cylinder diesel, custom computer, delete kit, and custom exhaust. It’s a Hellcat eating machine. Line your POS next to it for slips.

Nice car, bro. Did you go with the automatic transmission with paddle shifters or manual transmission? I sometimes feel the urge to go manual, but with the South Florida traffic and skillful automatic transmission BMW puts out, I always end up with the automatic transmission.

Side note: try to focus on these positive things in your life, and not somebody hitting "Disagree" on one of your posts. You'll live a longer, happier life.

Advertisement
Nice car, bro. Did you go with the automatic transmission with paddle shifters or manual transmission? I sometimes feel the urge to go manual, but with the South Florida traffic and skillful automatic transmission BMW puts out, I always end up with the automatic transmission.
It’s automatic with slap stick manual shift option. But it’s irrelevant, the custom computer reset the shift points to maximize peak haul ***. I never set it to manual. Just brake stall it to 3000 rpm to get the turbos singing and let her eat.

It also does well in traffic. Low gear is kinda tall for stop and go traffic, but it’s a diesel, so I don’t even notice a loss in fuel economy.

It’s automatic with slap stick manual shift option. But it’s irrelevant, the custom computer reset the shift points to maximize peak haul ***. I never set it to manual. Just brake stall it to 3000 rpm to get the turbos singing and let her eat.

That makes sense, and BMW makes a very excellent transmission. Do you know offhand if messing with the ECU voids the warranty? I would guess BMW won't make those sort of changes in house, unless you know somebody?

So third times a charm for LSU this past month eh? If they keep this up they’ll be down another 1-2 starters by game day if they’re that lucky. Amazing how Corch Ed has really elivated the LSU program to new heights within the SEC, SEC, SEC!

Advertisement
That makes sense, and BMW makes a very excellent transmission. Do you know offhand if messing with the ECU voids the warranty? I would guess BMW won't make those sort of changes in house, unless you know somebody?
ASM BMW in Savannah, GA is my guy. He only works on BMW and Mercedes, mostly performance upgrades. The warranty is nil since once he removes the emissions control system and puts in the custom computer, he’s one of the few people who can touch it as far a maintenance. But he does warranty all of his work.

It’s really neat. He was able to remove all of the piping, and build a custom exhaust that fools the ECM into thinking it’s still there. I no longer have to mess with the DEF, I got 140 more HP out of it, and all of the onboard controls and information systems were recalibrated so she appears completely stock until you see and hear it run.

the Only thing the NCAA cares about is hibachi chicken and yacht parties.
Rape assault extortion guns drugs spousal abuse theft animal abuse and murder have no bearing in any of there minds.

Advertisement
It’s really neat. He was able to remove all of the piping, and build a custom exhaust that fools the ECM into thinking it’s still there. I no longer have to mess with the DEF, I got 140 more HP out of it, and all of the onboard controls and information systems were recalibrated so she appears completely stock until you see and hear it run.

How much did that run you to get that work completed? Looking at a 5 series myself and from what you outlined, that sounds like something I’d love to get done.

Advertisement
Back