Ok, maybe I have been wrong on this whole "stars" thing...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the star system pretty much nails 5 stars but in the end there is no difference between 3's and 4's. That part is a crap shoot...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-1823

Nevermind, the star system pretty much nailed this though...

Yeah? Take a look at #9.

Only 4 of those top 10 are accurate.

Cant trust these rankings too much. I mean if a kid is balling out in Miami Dade as a WR or in Texas as a RB then Ok. But some kids get stars just for passing the eye test man. Look at Jef Luc........where he at? Bryce Brown?

Give me Devonta Freeman balling in Dade county over any kid with "measurables" any day

People would go ape**** if we offered a guy who had that offer sheet and ran a 4.57 40.

I think the star system pretty much nails 5 stars but in the end there is no difference between 3's and 4's. That part is a crap shoot...

Can't believe I'm agreeing with you but for the most part the five star players are the easiest to evaluate so of course they're going to hit more often than others.

Advertisement

You are on the money...

5 stars are national, can't miss guys who are being recruited by everyone. The only thing that holds those guys back is their own mentality. It happens a lot, too.

The day that someone can tell me the actual difference between a 4 star and a 3 star, I will stop watching college football and crown Notre Dame the future National Champs for their recruiting efforts over the years.

I agree with Toad on this. 3 to 4 Stars is pretty much the same thing.

Advertisement
You have to remember also that part of their star evaluation is how they project to the pros thats why perryman wasn't ranked higher cause he doesn't have protypical size. Doesn't mean they can't play

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back