Ok apologists. Riddle me this: mcneese state

The Huskers clearly did not take McNeese seriously and that was evident from the playcalling. That was a bad day, because we came close to seriously blowing it.

The offensive line was also pushed around, something I have a hard time believing still (it was McNeese!). They've either turned a new leaf, or a few personnel changes sparked it tonight.

A team isn't what they are at the start of the year, it's what they are at the finish. Our OL bounced back from a bad start.

Also, our OC was very effective today spreading the field and then running. That and the jet sweep action we were running all game looked new to me. And it seemed to work.

I'd have to agree with the announcers that your DL and safety play was just particularly bad as well. But you guys watch, this offense of ours has some great performances left in them yet.

negged-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2066.gif

Advertisement
The Huskers clearly did not take McNeese seriously and that was evident from the playcalling. That was a bad day, because we came close to seriously blowing it.

The offensive line was also pushed around, something I have a hard time believing still (it was McNeese!). They've either turned a new leaf, or a few personnel changes sparked it tonight.

A team isn't what they are at the start of the year, it's what they are at the finish. Our OL bounced back from a bad start.

Also, our OC was very effective today spreading the field and then running. That and the jet sweep action we were running all game looked new to me. And it seemed to work.

I'd have to agree with the announcers that your DL and safety play was just particularly bad as well. But you guys watch, this offense of ours has some great performances left in them yet.

Haven't seen evidence you are a troll account, so I'll respond:

Maybe you took Mcneese seriously and maybe you didn't. I can't speak to the psychological state of your players and coaches. What I can speak to is the difference between what your OLine looked like against an attacking front (Mcneese) and what they looked like against an entire philosophy predicated on hoping you'd make a mistake.

A team may not be what they are at the start of the year, but I assure you that you haven't made strides to become the 1980s Washington Redskins over the past 2 weeks.

No, you guys watch: if you're using this performance to get your hopes up about your OLine play, you're in for some really unpleasant surprises. Your OL was asked to move around players who are told to act as close to tackling dummies as possible. Your RB was able to cutback against LBs who are asked to play uphill. The RBs and QBs were already at full speed and in the open field one on one, a lot, when one of our Safeties was supposed to stop a snowball.

In sum, I didn't see a very good Nebraska team. Oh, I know. "So what does that say that we kicked your ***, Miami guy!" It says Miami is at a low point in its modern history. It says we should all thank you for further illuminating what many of us either knew or feared. Frankly, all you guys did was basically copy exactly what David Cutcliffe's offensive scheme at DUKE did to us last year. I assure you that you will have opponents with a willingness to adjust.
Well... ****.

You might be right. It's one game and my concerns about the OL aren't over. If they revert back to their early-season form, we're going to struggle.

The Nebraska team we saw vs McNeese would've been lucky to win 7 games. The one we saw today probably plays for the B1G CCG.

That's not to say your DL isn't horrible. I'm sure that's right. I saw that former Miami player who was criticizing the scheme on Twitter and agreed with a lot of what he wrote.

I'm just making the point that we do have a very talented offense. It all hinges on the OL and, if they can't dominate, how creatively we can compensate.

U guys r not that talented use r fkin one dimensional, it isn't about hating it's my opinion that will be right within weeks u will see.

Have you ever seen a true freshman QB carrying a team with a veteran defense? All you need to know about Golden and No D. And they throw them under the bus at every chance

Last edited:
This is so dumb. I'm not sure people actual watch college football. How about this one: LSU gives up 570 to Mississippi State, which is more yards than UAB and South Alabama gave up to MSU. So clearly, LSU's defense is worse than UAB's. Or not.

This is just how football works sometimes. UAB actually outgained MSU, for the record. Anyone for a straight up bet, UAB vs. LSU?

Good god!

Advertisement
This is so dumb. I'm not sure people actual watch college football. How about this one: LSU gives up 570 to Mississippi State, which is more yards than UAB and South Alabama gave up to MSU. So clearly, LSU's defense is worse than UAB's. Or not.

This is just how football works sometimes. UAB actually outgained MSU, for the record. Anyone for a straight up bet, UAB vs. LSU?

Good god!
Yeah and LSU has done that 4 years running right? This is not some one off. North Dakota gave K St all they could handle before they trampled us two years ago. Same old story.

McNeese St game changed on one play. Nebraska was up 21-7, ball at McNeese 10 yard line about to likely go up 28-7. T.A. doesn't see Westerkamp give him a signal behind his back that he is adjusting his route pre snap. T.A. throws ball inside, rather than outside, is intercepted and that 14 point swing keeps McNeese in game 4 qtrs. Just happens sometimes.
Without that, Nebraska likely scores another time or two after going up 28-7, Mcneese gets 10-14 points and no one notices.

Is what it is. Doesn't pay to play the game of comparing game results. Are all different animals

mcneese should've won that game if not for the late penalty call that saved you and of course the tailback with that last second run. nebraska is mediocre

You might be right. It's one game and my concerns about the OL aren't over. If they revert back to their early-season form, we're going to struggle.

The Nebraska team we saw vs McNeese would've been lucky to win 7 games. The one we saw today probably plays for the B1G CCG.

That's not to say your DL isn't horrible. I'm sure that's right. I saw that former Miami player who was criticizing the scheme on Twitter and agreed with a lot of what he wrote.

I'm just making the point that we do have a very talented offense. It all hinges on the OL and, if they can't dominate, how creatively we can compensate.

U guys r not that talented use r fkin one dimensional, it isn't about hating it's my opinion that will be right within weeks u will see.

these guys dont get it just like the loserville fans that came back here gloating they got a dose of reality that they were mediocre as well when they lost to virginia. for some reason beating miami is still a big deal to some of these fanbases and they over value their wins over this ****** coaching staff

these guys dont get it just like the loserville fans that came back here gloating they got a dose of reality that they were mediocre as well when they lost to virginia. for some reason beating miami is still a big deal to some of these fanbases and they over value their wins over this ****ty coaching staff

Exactly beating miami means absolutely **** nowadays we r dead as far as I'm concern.....until proven on the field.

Advertisement

You had a great start. Against FAU. McNeese was your second game.

McNeese St game changed on one play. Nebraska was up 21-7, ball at McNeese 10 yard line about to likely go up 28-7. T.A. doesn't see Westerkamp give him a signal behind his back that he is adjusting his route pre snap. T.A. throws ball inside, rather than outside, is intercepted and that 14 point swing keeps McNeese in game 4 qtrs. Just happens sometimes.
Without that, Nebraska likely scores another time or two after going up 28-7, Mcneese gets 10-14 points and no one notices.

Is what it is. Doesn't pay to play the game of comparing game results. Are all different animals

Abdullah had less than 60 yards vs McNeese, he had 230+ the game before against FAU and almost 230 against us. Esplain that. McNeese coached and schemed better against NU than we did because they **** well don't have better players than us. It's the ******* COACHING.

Advertisement

Exactly right. This is a laughable thread, downright embarrassing to exist on this site, along with the identity of some of the contributors. I hadn't seen it until now.

Comparative results are an incompetent and desperate measure. You can twist any team to whatever you want them to be. In this case it's particularly ridiculous because Nebraska played the same type of lazy home game early last season. They barely survived by 3 points as a 31 point favorite against Wyoming. Then in the bowl game Nebraska defeated Georgia by 5 points. So I guess we conclude Wyoming is superior and better coached than Georgia. The all time greatest 2001 Canes barely edged a Virginia Tech team that lost by more than 4 touchdowns to a mediocre Pittsburgh team a few weeks earlier. This is not difficult. I've bet the games for more than 30 years and remember dozens and dozens of examples.

Please don't tell me we are going to be wimpy enough to watch Nebraska the remainder of the season and beg for them to falter, so we can condemn Golden and D'Onofrio in comparison to whatever opponent vanquishes them. That would be the height of hilarity. It's mindful of Canes fans so obsessed with Ohio State after that call in the Fiesta Bowl.

There's plenty of valid evidence front and center. We don't need to deflect with irrelevant sampling of games we weren't involved with.

Usc lost to boston college but beat stanford...temple beat vandy by 30 .. South car only beat them by 14... The logic in this thread is so stupid and obviously nobody has ever played a snap of football in their life

Advertisement

Exactly right. This is a laughable thread, downright embarrassing to exist on this site, along with the identity of some of the contributors. I hadn't seen it until now.

Comparative results are an incompetent and desperate measure. You can twist any team to whatever you want them to be. In this case it's particularly ridiculous because Nebraska played the same type of lazy home game early last season. They barely survived by 3 points as a 31 point favorite against Wyoming. Then in the bowl game Nebraska defeated Georgia by 5 points. So I guess we conclude Wyoming is superior and better coached than Georgia. The all time greatest 2001 Canes barely edged a Virginia Tech team that lost by more than 4 touchdowns to a mediocre Pittsburgh team a few weeks earlier. This is not difficult. I've bet the games for more than 30 years and remember dozens and dozens of examples.

Please don't tell me we are going to be wimpy enough to watch Nebraska the remainder of the season and beg for them to falter, so we can condemn Golden and D'Onofrio in comparison to whatever opponent vanquishes them. That would be the height of hilarity. It's mindful of Canes fans so obsessed with Ohio State after that call in the Fiesta Bowl.

There's plenty of valid evidence front and center. We don't need to deflect with irrelevant sampling of games we weren't involved with.

enough with the gambling talk dude dont you think its a coincidence that abdullah averaged 3.2 a carry vs mcneese ******* st and 6.5 per carry against the canes and over 2 bills on the ground? its the coaching its not complicated, nebraska is mediocre team i'd be very surprised if the miami game is not a seaon high for abdullah vs. power 5 conference teams.

it has nothing to do with lazy home games they're a one dimensional team that most coaches with common sense can see except miami's. and how can you compare the canes on the road against a VT team with plenty of talent that was just a year or two removed from the BCS title game against nebraska at home vs mcneese st?

Last edited:
it was a 20 yard difference, Mcneese just gave up more in the air, instead of letting nebraska literally run a train on them.

Advertisement
Back