Ojomo denied a 6th year

You know Coach Golden has to be sitting there going WTF happened this year. Its just crazy how much **** this program has dealt with the last ten years. Well hopefully this will be the bottom and the Golden kids will step up and start a new era of Hurricane football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Quite frankly, I don't think Ojomo's presence would have changed the complexion of this team over the course of the season. Sure, he was playing decently well, but he wasn't a difference-maker. It's not like we lost Sapp.

At this point, I would rather go with the youth movement. This "young" team in 3 years is going to be filthy.

Why are we complaining about losing players who constituted teams that were mediocre at best?

The slate is close to being cleaned and that means a quicker road to experience and improvement for the young guys.

Can't wait to watch the new guys come along.

thats what we said 4 years ago. Losing Ojomo hurts big time

It hurts us from a quality depth perspective. Our young guys are going to have to step up, probably some Juco guys as well, but in the long-term I don't see this being that big a deal. He was near the end of his career playing an entirely new position, and he definitely was NOT a difference-maker. Ultimately, I think we will benefit more from our young guys getting quality reps now rather than getting some average reps from a guy that was going to get a 6th year on an extremely young team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sounds like the rebirth of the Canes has begun. Next Year might be a lil hard to swallow but if Goldens plan pans out we can enjoy 2013.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back