OJ says kids should be able to transfer without sitting out if a coach leaves

Advertisement
Coaches leaving, that's the difference between a professional and an amateur. Sorry amateurs. You must earn your right to walk away. Play the game and if you are good enough, the NFL will find you, wherever you are and then....you are a professional and walk when you want to.
Tough situation, but so is life. Same in the corporate life, managers leave/move all the time, but you work for the company not the manager.
Solid arguement.

He's right.

A coach pitches a recruit like a good salesman, he sells himself.

And if a recruit commits to a school, he is also committing to that coach. And if the coach leaves, part of the reason you were convinced to go is because of that coach.

They should be able to transfer without penalty.

That being said; OJ, seriously man, STFU.

What if you bought a Dodge Challenger Hellcat, and instead of the 392 V8, after you signed the dotted line, they swapped it out with a four banger?

Advertisement
Double murderers who moonlight as armed robbers generally know what’s best, so I gotta agree.

Coaches leaving, that's the difference between a professional and an amateur. Sorry amateurs. You must earn your right to walk away. Play the game and if you are good enough, the NFL will find you, wherever you are and then....you are a professional and walk when you want to.
Tough situation, but so is life. Same in the corporate life, managers leave/move all the time, but you work for the company not the manager.

WORK? I thought they were amateurs? Do workers usually get paid?

You see how your argument is bull**** right!?

Look, you already know that I have tremendous respect for your self-control (as evidenced on many other threads).

But there is no way in **** I could or would ever shake hands with OJ. I just can't bring myself to do that kind of stuff. He killed Nicole and Ron at the end of my first year of law school and the verdict was read in my third year of law school. There is no way I could ever compel myself to be polite to that murderer. I would yell at him until someone forced me to stop or leave.

I love ya, man, but there's no way I could do what you did.
Would you shake the presidents hand? From bush to trump, if you say yes. How can you be objective about one and not the other?

You, literally, have no idea what you are talking about.

OJ didn't commit just one other crime. He committed (and was convicted of) multiple crimes, which ABSOLUTELY carry longer sentences.

Both Clarence Stewart and O. J. Simpson were charged with:
  • Count 1: Conspiracy to commit a crime
  • Count 2: Conspiracy to commit kidnapping
  • Count 3: Conspiracy to commit robbery
  • Count 4: Burglary while in possession of a deadly weapon
  • Count 5: 1st degree kidnapping with use of a deadly weapon (for Bruce Fromong)
  • Count 6: 1st degree kidnapping with use of a deadly weapon (for Alfred Beardsley)
  • Count 7: Robbery with use of a deadly weapon (for Bruce Fromong)
  • Count 8: Robbery with use of a deadly weapon (for Alfred Beardsley)
  • Count 9: Assault with a deadly weapon (for Bruce Fromong)
  • Count 10: Assault with a deadly weapon (for Alfred Beardsley)
  • Count 11: Coercion with a deadly weapon (for Bruce Fromong as an alternative to count 5)
  • Count 12: Coercion with a deadly weapon (for Alfred Beardsley as an alternative to count 6)
On October 3, 2008, Simpson was found guilty of all charges.

That is TWELVE counts. Guilty on ALL charges, including ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON (two counts for the two victims, sounds vaguely familiar).

"The judge ordered eight of the ten counts to run concurrently, with a maximum sentence of 33 years (until 2041) with parole possible after nine years in 2017 when Simpson became eligible at age 70."

That means that OJ served on a fraction of his sentence. OJ got out 24 years early BECAUSE HE IS OLD. Not because he was sentenced too harshly.

If you honestly believe that anyone convicted of those 12 crimes gets less than 9 years, you are insane.
Dude, the judge also clearly had an agenda. She got a show right after that trial. Everybody knows he committed the murder but you also have to admit that second trial was a sham from the start. The judge rolled her eyes while sipping coffee during the closing statements.

Advertisement
I was in a club '02 down town Palm Beach with a couple biddies and OJ was at the other end of the bar. One of the girls told the other, "hey that's OJ!" The other one said "the murderer?" The look on his face was priceless!

I saw O.J. dozens of times at Calusa Country Club in Kendall. He played there all the time while living in Miami near Killian High School. I was still living in Las Vegas but spending summers and most of the holidays in Miami.

Incredibly awkward every time. I never did anything except exchange brief nods when we walked past each other. He played with the same foursome every time. Then his blonde girlfriend Kristi would trail in a separate cart. My group played at roughly the same time they did...late morning to mid afternoon, so there was frequent conflict and we'd dart away to begin our rounds at 6, 10 or 13 instead of alongside O.J. at 1. Calusa fortunately enabled plenty of flexibility along those lines, not only management but many holes beginning near the clubhouse.

Worst aspect was the coffee shop. O.J. has a booming voice and never shuts up. When he was there, instead of eating there after 9 holes we'd grab something and get back out onto the course. And we had plenty of company. The manager of that coffee shot told me they had to significantly raise the number of styrofoam cups and take out plates once O.J. became a regular.

Bacardi ruined Calusa. Bought the course then intentionally ran it into the ground so they could whine woe is me and file for redevelopment.

WORK? I thought they were amateurs? Do workers usually get paid?

You see how your argument is bull**** right!?
No, not really, canadianhurricane. My comment was twofold. First, a coach is a professional whom, through hard work and usually 10,20,30 years of said work, are professionals and have talents that other teams (companies) want. They have earned the right to find the work place they are valued at and want to be at. 18-19 year old's nowadays want thing handed to them, starting, playing time, etc. They should pick a school first and foremost that will provide them a great (free) education so they can succeed in life after football because most will not make to the professional level.
If they pick the school that offers this and they love, if the coach leaves, so what? They are still happy getting their degree and if IF they are good enough, the NFL will find them, no matter the school and they will go on to be a professional AND have a great education.
Commit to the school/education first and then the coach and they will be fine.

Advertisement
Back