Oh one other thing Romberg said about assistants

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
this must have come up in interviews because romberg said "even larry scott used and had golden phrases around" he basically said "its better to just get rid of the golden taint" i think very few will be kept except the UM guys like Hurlie or Beard.

Advertisement
These guys have been coaches a lot longer than their time here. It's not like the golden persona is ingrained in them forever. They can take on another personality.
I'm not advocating we keep or don't keep assistants. Whoever richt keeps is up to richt.
I'm fine with coley in some capacity. Beard, Scott, brown and ice and Baez.

imo let Richt hire who he wants. I would love to see Hurlie stay at least. he has dedicated his life to this program and he when u see that recruiting video with coach D. he knows what Cane looks like.

Advertisement
Douche it clean. Maybe Baez since he wasn't a real corch, just a recruiter. Kick the rest to the curb.

These kids need completely different voices and mentalities

Advertisement
So what about some "phrases". Coaching is much deeper than mere " phrases." Must look at totality of his work and his person.

Have no idea what Romberg is saying. Does he want to keep his old position coach Kehoe? Whole thing sounds shallow and a bit looney.

Advertisement
It is clear that Al and Mark had a whole **** thing going. We failed but it is hard to who other than them share the blame. Mark should not hesitate to can everyone or keep who he wants. He knows one thing, he needs to win.

These guys have been coaches a lot longer than their time here. It's not like the golden persona is ingrained in them forever. They can take on another personality.
I'm not advocating we keep or don't keep assistants. Whoever richt keeps is up to richt.
I'm fine with coley in some capacity. Beard, Scott, brown and ice and Baez.

Taking on the personality of your boss shows weakness in any field; if your boss is Fat Al Golden and you take on HIS personality...I want no part of that person.

He brainwashed the whole staff with this soft mentality.

I don't want a single one here in 2016. Clean this thing out. Burn it to the ground.

Advertisement
The whole staff shoyuld be fired.

Can't risk any Golden hangover.

Beard might survive.

The budget is 5 million.

Advertisement
Back