OH NO!!!

Advertisement
Just checked and the "U" is almost a certainty to finish this recuriting class ahead of 115 other Division 1 football programs.. To all the Negs your glass is half empty..

Like your style. Someone with some sense. (Something you dont see around here often)

108.gif

Attention *****

Yes, because his post was so much worst than the countless, repetitive..."we're doomed, we're getting nobody, we can't close, the staff sucks, fold the program" types of threads on here by many of the same people criticizing the OP.

Advertisement
Anything outside the Top 5 is a major disappointment with the talent pool this year.

We are a team that hasn't been a contender for a decade, is just coming off sanctions, and the majority of the talent pool in the area has no more loyalty to Miami than to the SEC. Why exactly do you think we should be able to just pull a top 5 class without working our way back up first?

Anything outside the Top 5 is a major disappointment with the talent pool this year.

We are a team that hasn't been a contender for a decade, is just coming off sanctions, and the majority of the talent pool in the area has no more loyalty to Miami than to the SEC. Why exactly do you think we should be able to just pull a top 5 class without working our way back up first?

True dat. Notwithstanding the D scheme issue, other schools were working this class of Recruits (aka "Croots") for a couple years while we had sanctions looming. They were able to make headway and we became less relevant. The sanctions **** may have been lifted a few months ago but the damage to our Recruiting was done when these guys were in the 10th and 11th grades.

Just checked and the "U" is almost a certainty to finish this recuriting class ahead of 115 other Division 1 football programs.. To all the Negs your glass is half empty..

lol they get top talent every year...they can't develop ****

Advertisement
Put it in context, i.e. addressing your needs. So how would your rate our DT recruiting and development over the last three years?

I'm pretty confident it would be in the bottom 25% of BCS programs.

Figured u just came out of a coma and realized Dorito is still our DC

That is the bigger issue IMO.

People are arguing about recruiting back and forth, this class sucks...this class is good. It is all BS. I have posted this before and I will post it again. Here are 3 programs and their recruiting recently...It is not the recruiting that is the issue.

Stanford

2014: 19th Ranked Class

2013: 40th Ranked Class

2012: 12th Ranked Class

2011: 21st Ranked Class

2010: 18th Ranked Class

AVG Ranking: 22nd

2010-2014 W/L: 46-8 (31-5), 4 BCS Bowls and 2 Wins

Texas

2014: 14th Ranked Class

2013: 16th Ranked Class

2012: 3rd Ranked Class

2011: 5th Ranked Class

2010: 2nd Ranked Class

AVG Ranking: 8th

2010-2014 W/L: 30-21 (18-17) and Zero BCS Bowls

Oregon

2014: 25th Ranked Class

2013: 26th Ranked Class

2012: 18th Ranked Class

2011: 14th Ranked Class

2010: 22nd Ranked Class

AVG Ranking: 21st

2010-2014 W/L: 47-6 (32-4), 3 BCS Bowls, 1 NC Game and 2 BCS Wins.

Last edited:
Class rankings are misleading. Stanford signs on average fewer players than almost everyone else, because they have almost no attrition compared to Texas or UM, or anyone else for that matter. Over the last 10 years, Stanford has signed on average fewer than 20 per year. Their average "star" rating is good, but the numbers hold them down in the class rankings.

Class rankings are misleading. Stanford signs on average fewer players than almost everyone else, because they have almost no attrition compared to Texas or UM, or anyone else for that matter. Over the last 10 years, Stanford has signed on average fewer than 20 per year. Their average "star" rating is good, but the numbers hold them down in the class rankings.

Let's go to the video tape....

2014: Avg Star Ranking: 3.42 or 15th

2013: Avg Star Ranking: 3.33 or 17th

2012: Avg Star Ranking: 3.73 or 4th

2011: Avg Star Ranking: 3.32 or 17th

2010: Avg Star Ranking: 3.13 or 30th

Class Avg (per star ranking): 17th

Advertisement

Let's go to the video tape....

2014: Avg Star Ranking: 3.42 or 15th

2013: Avg Star Ranking: 3.33 or 17th

2012: Avg Star Ranking: 3.73 or 4th

2011: Avg Star Ranking: 3.32 or 17th

2010: Avg Star Ranking: 3.13 or 30th

Class Avg (per star ranking): 17th

Also, when these websites rank the class they have rules.

For example, Rivals only counts the top 20 commits (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1364602).

ESPN has a more complicated system (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r..._/id/8900833/how-determine-our-class-rankings). They say "Quantity doesn't always mean the same as quality because, simply put, having a big class does not always equate to a high ranking."

and how many of those teams have better coaches than us? 100?

Yeah, really got to wonder....Al has hired, in his short tenure, three coaches formerly associated with a guy I now think might be the greatest coach in the history of football. That includes Jethro. I want to see what he and D'Onofrio can do with a defense with talent...something that we did not have in abundance the past three years.

Jetrho was at one point good enough for Carroll, but does not meet the lofty standards of all the much smarter posters that waste away their pathetic lives here.

I do have some misgivings about the scheme, but I'm not ready to give up on this group. I'm willing to give them a little more time...notwithstanding that I do have doubts. Give them some talent and let them prove themselves.

Dumb post. The only thing we have to judge people with are results. Not what if's, or wait and see's. So far, and the results speak clearly, Golden and his staff are failures. In that, there is no debate. The facts don't lie. Orange and green glasses tell many lies.

Figured u just came out of a coma and realized Dorito is still our DC

That is the bigger issue IMO.

People are arguing about recruiting back and forth, this class sucks...this class is good. It is all BS. I have posted this before and I will post it again. Here are 3 programs and their recruiting recently...It is not the recruiting that is the issue.

Stanford

2014: 19th Ranked Class

2013: 40th Ranked Class

2012: 12th Ranked Class

2011: 21st Ranked Class

2010: 18th Ranked Class

AVG Ranking: 22nd

2010-2014 W/L: 46-8 (31-5), 4 BCS Bowls and 2 Wins

Texas

2014: 14th Ranked Class

2013: 16th Ranked Class

2012: 3rd Ranked Class

2011: 5th Ranked Class

2010: 2nd Ranked Class

AVG Ranking: 8th

2010-2014 W/L: 30-21 (18-17) and Zero BCS Bowls

Oregon

2014: 25th Ranked Class

2013: 26th Ranked Class

2012: 18th Ranked Class

2011: 14th Ranked Class

2010: 22nd Ranked Class

AVG Ranking: 21st

2010-2014 W/L: 47-6 (32-4), 3 BCS Bowls, 1 NC Game and 2 BCS Wins.

Your point is made and in this particular example, you are correct, but you gave me three examples to fit your narrative, while I can can show many more to dis prove it. The main one being that every BCS ship winner the last 10 years or more had recruiting classes that were top 10 for the previous 4 years of recruiting, only exception was Auburn which I believe had an average of 12.

Advertisement
I wish their was an analysis done that ranks schools ability to pull in the top talent that's within a 100 miles of its own campus.

Where do you think we would rank?

The irony.

We recruit ahead of 115 other teams, but play behind 115 other teams.

How that work?

Your point is made and in this particular example, you are correct, but you gave me three examples to fit your narrative, while I can can show many more to dis prove it. The main one being that every BCS ship winner the last 10 years or more had recruiting classes that were top 10 for the previous 4 years of recruiting, only exception was Auburn which I believe had an average of 12.

Actually my point demonstrates the importance of coaching, development and getting the most out of your players. My presentation of the rankings demonstrates programs that have ELITE coaches, from which followed big time results. Not only did these big time results occur, the rankings dictate that they overcame this lack of "talent". In the last 4 years, these two programs have 7 BCS bowl appearances, 4 BCS wins and a national championship appearance but they hardly ever sniff top 10 recruiting rankings.

Very few programs have had the run that Oregon and Stanford has had over the last 4 years. While we see numerous other programs, constantly finish in the top 10 but don't get the results that they should dictate. USC went from finishing top 10 routinely (09: 4th Place, 10: 7th Place, 11: 4th Place) before probation but something was missing. Perhaps the coaching?

In the end I am not saying this stuff is not important, I am only saying the coaching is more important AND can have a greater outcome on the situation. Sure every BCS ship winner in the last 10 years (assuming it is true) has been in the top 10 but what is the other constant. What is the other thing that stands out...

2004: USC (Pete Carroll)
2005: Texas (Mack Brown)
2006: UF (Urban Meyer)
2007: LSU (Les Miles)
2008: UF (Urban Meyer)
2009: Alabama (Nick Saban)
2010: Auburn (Chizik)
2011: Alabama (Nick Saban)
2012: Alabama (Nick Saban)
2013: FSU (Jimbo Fisher)

With the exception of Chizik and Mack Brown, you have elite coaching that maximizes the players' ability to win. Nick Saban and Urban Meyer are top 5 coaches in the NCAA and they represent 5 of the last 10 National Championships. Pete Carroll, now a SB winner was no slouch either. Les Miles has been in 3 BCS games, 2 NC games and won an NC. Now you have Jimbo Fisher who surrounds himself with the best coaches and his staff constantly gets raided each season. Jimbo was also up for the Texas job.

I am not denying the need for talent, I am stating that I believe coaching is more important.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back