Officially "unofficial" visits

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
With the "dead period" extended again, it looks like schools and recruits have taken things into their own hands to get recruits on campus..

Oklahoma had their "Sooner Summit" this weekend. Caleb Williams, 5 star QB committed to OU and his father "organized" the weekend for approx 10 of OUs commits and top targets . Tristan Leigh, Jalil Farooq, Camar Wheaton were a few who went. Recruits and their families couldn't interact with any staff or go in any of the facilities, although the Sooner stadium happened to be "unlocked' and the OU-Texas game was coincidentally playing on their megatron screen when the kids hit the field... Supposedly Riley and the staff Zoomed with them while they were there. Tristan Leigh's younger brother was offered by Lincoln Riley in front of the group via the Zoom call.... SI reporters and 247 writer for OU were invited to talk to the recruits at some of the events... Wiltfong even wrote about it on the mainn 247 board... All that "up front and public" information was good cover for whatever went on behind scenes.....

UGA also had 5 top guys show up in Athens "on their own dime". Korey Foreman, Maason Smith, Terrion Arnold, Amarius Mims and Xavian Sorey were all there on Saturday - seems they watched UGA practice and hung out with Brock Vandergriff.... Just a bunch of guys hanging out on a Saturday.... This was NOT pubicized but of course people saw them and Maason Smith posted pics from the Atlanta airport on his social media

Probably will be more of this since it doesn't look like the dead period is going to end anytime soon..... All of the recruits at both these events are highly soft after by multiple schools...

Advertisement
just regarding stadiums, normally public schools do allow people to go into the stadiums (UF allows people to run stadium steps, take pics, etc.) as nothing really is locked

I'd like to see Miami do the same thing, just with 2022 recruits, doesn't really matter for the 21 class.

Although I doubt they'd be allowed on campus considering the team is locked in a bubble & has extremely strict guidelines for who can & can't enter.

I'd would see if there was a way we could get a few in to watch our last scrimmage & just provide them all with masks & have them sectioned off away from the players & a safe distance from the field.

Although that's more so wishful thinking on my part lol.

I'd like to see Miami do the same thing, just with 2022 recruits, doesn't really matter for the 21 class.

Although I doubt they'd be allowed on campus considering the team is locked in a bubble & has extremely strict guidelines for who can & can't enter.

I'd would see if there was a way we could get a few in to watch our last scrimmage & just provide them all with masks & have them sectioned off away from the players & a safe distance from the field.

Just be like hey this is were where having a scrimmage and hey u can come to this practice come through the back door it will be unlocked but no pics and only do it for ur big recruits

Advertisement
Think I read where schools can help set up these visits. Still a dead period these kids can’t meet with coaches face to face. I don’t think schools that aren’t paying kids to visit can pull these type of events off in a pandemic.

Advertisement

Waiting on Shalala to open a congressional hearing on UMs fans at stadium plan any minute.

Recruits on UM campus - Death Penalty - LOL

Korey Foreman was just CBed to UGA.

Gah I can’t stand them. Sign 5 star after 5 star. Haven’t won a NC in what 40 years, but now they are the biggest 5 star magnet in America?

Athens is a nice lil town, but I’m not moving from LA to there.

They are blatantly cheating their **** off and flipping off Emmett and the NCAA in the process.

yep that weekend was probably a pit stop for some pocket $$ and a meal.... Unless that self tour of campus and downtown Athens swayed him.... UGA board said his father was with him...

Advertisement
Been and stayed in Athens. It's a growing confederate town in a one school state (GT no threat to them). Dogs are everything in their entire state so they have a war chest as big as any out there. They have to win OOS recruits to be a playoff school, but their results don't match the quality of their recruiting.

Advertisement
Back