MEGA Official Visits Thread

Advertisement
But was it 1 million for 1 year? Maybe but I’d want to spread the money out over a 3-4 years with some clauses in the deal dependent on how well he plays and not doing something stupid off the field.
Yeah, that's my thing. I don't have a problem with the number, but it's nuts to pay that to a kid who looks good on paper. Let's see some production, lets find out if he's going to play to his potential. That's just too much for a kid you haven't seen play at the college level yet.

Yeah, that's my thing. I don't have a problem with the number, but it's nuts to pay that to a kid who looks good on paper. Let's see some production, lets find out if he's going to play to his potential. That's just too much for a kid you haven't seen play at the college level yet.
Correct. NIL is a contract so I would assume most of the non-booster NIL money which comes from a business will want to see some return on investment before paying out the entirety of the contract. I am excluding boosters because I think some of the Texas or TAM money is coming from people who have always been giving money to get recruits but now its over the table instead of under the table.
We keep talking about 1 million like its not a big deal, but the vast, vast majority of NFL draft picks don’t make 1 million in their first year even including the signing bonus.

Correct. NIL is a contract so I would assume most of the non-booster NIL money which comes from a business will want to see some return on investment before paying out the entirety of the contract. I am excluding boosters because I think some of the Texas or TAM money is coming from people who have always been giving money to get recruits but now its over the table instead of under the table.
We keep talking about 1 million like its not a big deal, but the vast, vast majority of NFL draft picks don’t make 1 million in their first year even including the signing bonus.

That whole "he took a pay cut when he left Alabama for the NFL" thing is going to be very real. Or at least tangible, as it was always real.

Advertisement
I for one am not talking about $1 million like it's not a big deal. As you point out, even NFL players often take time to get to that number. And they've already proven they can play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As a Marc - I get a kick out of this as well as my favorite below. On a side note, when I walked across the stage for graduation at Miami, they pronounced my name as Mar-C or Marcie (smh)

1642010739242.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back