Jacolby Spells 4 star Ath (cb)
Leyton Nelson 3 star OT
Kaden Helms 3 star TE

June 17-20
Khamauri Rodgers 4 star CB
Nick Cull unrated CB

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is anyone worried that we have so few verbal commitments? I know it is not signing day, but other schools have commitments, why can’t we?

Advertisement
Advertisement
So far, Canes have a number of Official Visits scheduled for June:

June 4-6 Malik Agbo 4 star OT

June 11-13 Jacurri Brown 4 star QB Commit
Isaiah Bond 3 star WR
Jayden Gibson 4 star WR
Quan Lee 3 star WR
Jacolby Spells 4 star Ath (cb)
Leyton Nelson 3 star OT

June 17-20 Khamauri Rodgers 4 star CB
I like Gibson a lot, but if we take 3 WR then the other two need to be speedsters/playmakers. OL/OT visitors are both good choices. Hope things work out with Spells because Rodgers and top SOFL cb's are very uncertain.

Advertisement
Weird not having a ton of local south florida guys on our top target lists. Maybe that will change once the dead period gets lifted and kids can visit.

Our new philosophy should be to take the 15 very best prospects every year. Fill in the gaps with 7-10 portal players. Essentially we get rid of our projects in each class. The other schools become our farm system and we have better depth and a more experienced roster.

Advertisement
I would have them come later to make up ground.

Usually I think this is the right strategy, but I don't think waiting on OVs is the right move this year. By the time summer rolls around college football will have had about 15 months of dead period. I expect these kids will be froggy about getting in their visits. Hitting hard, early may be more impactful this cycle.

Plus, who the **** knows how, when, or for how long official campus visits will be allowed. Might be saving for a later that never arrives.

Our new philosophy should be to take the 15 very best prospects every year. Fill in the gaps with 7-10 portal players. Essentially we get rid of our projects in each class. The other schools become our farm system and we have better depth and a more experienced roster.
7-10 portal guys is a lot tbh. I'd say roll with 5 portal guys at the very most but they have to be day 1 contributors.

Usually I think this is the right strategy, but I don't think waiting on OVs is the right move this year. By the time summer rolls around college football will have had about 15 months of dead period. I expect these kids will be froggy about getting in their visits. Hitting hard, early may be more impactful this cycle.

Plus, who the **** knows how, when, or for how long official campus visits will be allowed. Might be saving for a later that never arrives.
Did not think about the latter good point.

Advertisement
Back