Official Visit Weekend: December 8-10, 2023 (Portal Edition)

I agree in terms of not the same track record but he’s just a depth/rotational piece that came from a good defense and has good measurable to hold up in the position.

That position, as you know, rotates a ton anyway vs an offensive lineman who plays every snap.
Then we agree, I said he'd be a good depth piece.

Advertisement
CJ Clark NC St DT visiting this weekend per Gaby
seems a bit undersized. Also a little old. But could be a project..

1000001016.png

Advertisement
CJ Clark would be a great addition - I think he'd be more effective in a 4 down front and the occasional 3 down. Gibson runs almost exclusively 3 down and he was the Nose on that line. He's a good size kid at 305 but not exactly a great fit to play that position. He's built more suited to play in our system beside someone like JHH.

Probably a borderline starting caliber player and starts for us with what we have returning. I'd like to see him be our first guy in the rotation, that would be ideal but not likely. He's probably going to be your starter if he's coming.

I think the staff anticipates Justin Scott having a Bain type of impact at DT. Maybe not ACC DROY and the stats but comes in and earns 2 deep reps right away and could start if you need him to. Expect a big jump from Horton, expect Moten to continue to develop, and need JHH to come back and it's a very serviceable unit. Get Clark and you need at least 1 more. As many as 3 more depending on what JHH does and Burroughs TBD status.

CJ Clark would be a great addition - I think he'd be more effective in a 4 down front and the occasional 3 down. Gibson runs almost exclusively 3 down and he was the Nose on that line. He's a good size kid at 305 but not exactly a great fit to play that position. He's built more suited to play in our system beside someone like JHH.

Probably a borderline starting caliber player and starts for us with what we have returning. I'd like to see him be our first guy in the rotation, that would be ideal but not likely. He's probably going to be your starter if he's coming.

I think the staff anticipates Justin Scott having a Bain type of impact at DT. Maybe not ACC DROY and the stats but comes in and earns 2 deep reps right away and could start if you need him to. Expect a big jump from Horton, expect Moten to continue to develop, and need JHH to come back and it's a very serviceable unit. Get Clark and you need at least 1 more. As many as 3 more depending on what JHH does and Burroughs TBD status.
Sounds like JHH is back

Any word on

Any word on Harmon the DT from MSU?

Advertisement
hope we get a qb here this weekend - dominoes are starting to fall in terms of smoke

cam ward being linked to visiting Ohio state
Dante Moore - michigan
dillon gabriel - oregon
will howard - usc
will rogers - Washington
Riley Leonard - duke
DJU - Louisville / FSU

Advertisement
hope we get a qb here this weekend - dominoes are starting to fall in terms of smoke

Dante Moore - michigan
dillon gabriel - oregon
will howard - usc
will rogers - Washington
Riley Leonard - duke
DJU - Louisville / FSU
Not seeing any visit lined up OSU for Ward

You need to bring in at least 3 DTs in the portal. If there is a solid-good option available you have to pounce quickly, You never know what may or may not happen in the coming weeks.
I think it all depends on JHH and Burroughs.If both are back plus Moten,Campbell,Horton and Maybe Acheapong.We're adding Scott,Jones,Russell and maybe Jackson.That's 10 DTs,even if only 7 or 8 of them are in don't think we need more than 2 portal DTs or 1 portal and 1 JC.One thing for sure with Mario the days of us only having 6 or 7 DEs and DTs only are over.

Advertisement

Dante Moore - michigan
dillon gabriel - oregon
will howard - usc
will rogers - Washington
Riley Leonard - duke
DJU - Louisville / FSU
Well this isn't starting out great.

Advertisement
Back