Official Visit Weekend: December 15-18

Ehhhh, think it was imur or southpark that came in here the other week and said that Washington kids have always been waffling. I think we lane them but that they aren’t as locked in as we think and we aren’t wasting an OV on them.
Plus they've been committed all year and deserve the free weekend.

Advertisement
Why is barrs a toss up to visit? He said miami is in his top 3 with lsu and usc
Gaby mentioned it’s not a 100% sure thing. To your point though, the player did mention publicly that Miami was going to be on of his visit.

So I honestly took it to mean that maybe Mario wasn’t comfortable using an OV on him.

Gaby mentioned it’s not a 100% sure thing. To your point though, the player did mention publicly that Miami was going to be on of his visit.

So I honestly took it to mean that maybe Mario wasn’t comfortable using an OV on him.
Yea he is from the west coast so he probably ends up at usc

Advertisement
This seems odd to me but, according to Gaby, Bobby and Robby Washington are taking their OV's to Miami this weekend. If we are truly limited on OVs it seems weird that we'd host two guys that are locked in but they've earned the right to get their OVs.

Gaby also went on to say we have 13-14 OVs left to use which does not include Cohen and Barrs (DT portal from AZ). Barrs seems like a toss up as far as whether he will visit.

Also for those wondering, OVs reset Mid-March.

@lindend for visibility to update OP.
OP updated. Could you post a link to the article or some highlights?

Advertisement
You recruit the Washington brothers like they’re uncommitted.
Exactly! I'm also thinking there will be a ton of current commits either doing officials or unofficials this weekend. Will be interesting to see the attendee list leak out. Suspecting some names won't show until very late (preventing other schools from interfering).

It appears the staff is ultra high on Clark but Brown and CB are more important based on numbers. We don’t have enough CBs right now.
agree with you on the cb room. They have been recruiting both players like top priorities, and they have been recruiting Brown for a longer time period than Clark.

Unless Brown is a Year 1 starting cb, I think finding a depth cb, with 2-3 years of eligibility left via the portal, would be easier than finding another talented LB like Clark. I put Clark in the same tier as Bryant/Aguirre, whereas with Brown I put him in the same tier as Stafford, not McClain.

I would hate for Miami to lose a legacy db to Bama or FSU

Last edited:
Advertisement
Re: Washington brothers discussion

it is beneficial for the staff, player hosts and the uncommitted recruits to have multiple committed recruits on campus during the OV weekends. A mix of committed/uncommitted families changes the vibe/conversations verses all uncommitted families weighing multiple options. The committed families add a level of calmness to the group

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crossed off the list in the OP. Another DT off the board. Everyone is after DTs in the portal at this point.

you know how we do it GIF by Ice Cube

Advertisement
Back