Official Visit Weekend: December 15-17, 2023 (HS Edition)

Advertisement
ON3 updates:

Lucas

“I kind of settled down, thought about it and took the visit, and it went great,” he said. “I appreciate all the love and hospitality from the coaches and the players.”

“I have to do another long thinking process, because I was planning on signing Wednesday,” he said. “I have to take some time to think, it’s going to be a hard process.”

He said “the family and culture” at Miami stood out to him and that “I can see myself being around people like that, like me ready to work.”

He also said that while it isn't necessarily 50-50 with the two schools, he has to go where he is the most comfortable.

Chris Wheatley-Humphrey on Blount & Lyle

Blount:
He spent a lot of time with Blount and says “He’s a cool dude, he said he loved it here, likes the coaches and all. I feel good about him.”

Lyle: Wheatley-Humphrey says he spent the most time with Lyle and that “He liked it a lot but it’s a tough decision for him, probably 50/50.”

Ryan Mack on Lyle:

“I’ve been talking to him for a while,” Mack said. “I think we have a good chance with him. He liked it a lot, had a good time. He was telling me how much he enjoyed the visit, how he considers Miami as a school. We’ll just have to see. … He had a lot of talks with the coaches and they took care of him and he had a good time.”

Ryan Mack on Lucas and Blount:

“I was with the DBs a lot so I was with Xavier a lot – he liked it a lot,” Mack said. “Armondo, I think it might be kind of obvious he’s coming to Miami.”

Ny Carr on Blount, Lucas, Lyle and Hayes:

The feeling off the visit is Miami could land all four, with perhaps Hayes the most iffy.

“Of the folks there I want to commit I’d say the biggest targets are Cam and JJ,” Carr said. “Cam was one we are like `What are you waiting on? We are ready for him to commit.”

*** All of these guys were asked what their favorite part of the weekend was. Every one of them said the event at Mario's home. They really enjoyed hanging out with everyone and "bonding"

Maybe Smith showed up to Mario’s house

Advertisement
Advertisement
So Ny Carr confirmed JJ was there...

I don't believe he said that. The quote was “Of the folks there I want to commit I’d say the biggest targets are Cam and JJ.” He may have meant to say "of the folks that I want to commit." It would only make sense that they were present if there was a comma after "there." The question was not provided. I read this as a statement of whom he would like to be a Cane, not of whom was present.

Last edited:
4 days left

6-8 in play total right?

lucas
hayes
blount
lyle
carpenter - maybe longer timeline but likely today
cook - probably within next few days
ward - maybe longer timeline

jj - unlikely but who knows?

Excited Lets Go GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't believe he said that. The quote was “Of the folks there I want to commit I’d say the biggest targets are Cam and JJ.” He may have meant to say "of the folks that I want to commit." It would only make sense that they were present if there was a comma after "there." The question was not provided. I read this as a statement of whom he would like to be a Cane, not of whom was present.
Yeah, he could have been provided a list of names and knows which ones have already given their commitments to Miami. So he just mentioned the guys he'd like to see make their commitments (JJ and Cam).

Advertisement
Back