Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Golden is gone.... I think he will announce it to the team on Monday. All signs point to him as penn states new coach. Bring Butch Davis down as the head coach and we will be back to having an agressive style defense.... Brighter days are ahead guys....

How do you know he is gone?

1. He is completely too quiet, not returning phone calls with players and recruits. If you had every intention to stay as a head coach you wouldn't do any of that. He doesn't want to be perceived as a liar saying that he is staying one day and then a couple of days later saying that he is leaving for another job like bill obrien did....
2. Already has met with psu
3. PSU pedigree
4. His brother last 15 followers has been about pennstate football...
5. Keeping people in the dark
6. Hasn't denied interest when he could have easily took to twitter to rectify the situation like other head coaches who were rumored to be in the running for other jobs...
7. He is gone forget him. He is hurting our recruiting class right now.....

So you don't know, you're assuming.

Advertisement

found this interesting. Thanks for posting

TTM: A lot has been made of his close friendship with Mark D’Onofrio, his former Nittany Lions teammate who is his defensive coordinator. Miami’s defense had a bad season, and there are calls in Coral Gables that a change needs to be made. Is hiring Golden, in your mind, a “package deal” with D’Onofrio?

JD: This is where I think things could get interesting. I’m not saying it will be a sticking point that would ultimately kill a deal, because I think Al’s way too smart to let something like that hinder things, but I do think Al feels a bit conflicted about this and ultimately wants to see Mark land on his feet. I’d be shocked if Al didn’t have something to do with Mark getting a couple of interviews for the head coaching job at Temple last December before Matt Rhule ultimately got the job, and I think it’s fair to assume that Al wanted to see Mark either A. get his name out there for some positive ‘Hey, Mark D’Onofrio got a head coaching job interview’ press or B. get the job so he could avoid having to make a tough decision about his future down the line at Miami.

All of that, I think, is interesting considering former Temple AD Bill Bradshaw offered Mark the chance to be Al’s successor mere hours after Al announced he was leaving for Miami, but Al wholeheartedly convinced Mark to not take the job and follow him down to Miami.

But the numbers don’t lie, and Mark’s defenses have come under some deserved scrutiny at Miami. After being ranked 17th nationally in scoring defense in 2011 (at 20.1 points per game), the Hurricanes got worse. They were 83rd nationally in 2012 (30.5 ppg.) and 66th in the nation this past season (26.8 ppg.), and there was an ugly, three-game stretch this season when Miami, at a time when it really had a chance to prove itself, gave up 131 points and 1,609 yards on third down in losses to Florida State, Virginia Tech and Duke, and the Canes gave up an average of nearly 44 points a game in that three-game losing streak.

You forgot this part, maybe just as important

JD: "I do, and I think he’s going to have to come to the realization (if he hasn’t already) that Mark can’t be his defensive coordinator at Penn State."

Could be a sticking point/delay in negotiations and/or an announcement because he has to find his buddy a landing spot.

Golden is gone.... I think he will announce it to the team on Monday. All signs point to him as penn states new coach. Bring Butch Davis down as the head coach and we will be back to having an agressive style defense.... Brighter days are ahead guys....

1. He is completely too quiet, not returning phone calls with players and recruits. If you had every intention to stay as a head coach you wouldn't do any of that. He doesn't want to be perceived as a liar saying that he is staying one day and then a couple of days later saying that he is leaving for another job like bill obrien did....
3. PSU pedigree
6. Hasn't denied interest when he could have easily took to twitter to rectify the situation like other head coaches who were rumored to be in the running for other jobs...

You're on page 184 of nothing but assuming, Matlock. If you're looking for the smoking gun evidence this ain't the place.

3. PSU pedigree

The writing is on the wall man. I don't know what else to say...

Advertisement
I don't understand Al's obsession with D'Onofrio. Ok, they're best friends. But to let another man kill you career? That's a little weird.

I don't understand Al's obsession with D'Onofrio. Ok, they're best friends. But to let another man kill you career? That's a little weird.

Is something going on behind the scenes with them or nah? Jk but I know I wouldn't jeopardize my career and job for one of my friends....

Advertisement

Al feels responsible for his career. He practically sucked him off to come down here with him. Turned down a HC job at Temple. It's not right but that's what it is.

Miami AD expects Al Golden to stay
January, 4, 2014
Jan 4
10:07
PM ET
By ESPN.com news services | ESPN.com

Recommend5
Tweet17
Comments0
Email
Print

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami expects Al Golden to stay with the Hurricanes, athletic director Blake James said Saturday in response to speculation that the football coach may be poised to leave for Penn State.

James says he has been in regular communication with Golden in recent days and believes he will remain at Miami. Golden played for Joe Paterno at Penn State and has emerged as a top candidate to replace Bill O'Brien, who resigned to take over as coach of the NFL's Houston Texans.

Golden met with Penn State officials Saturday, a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

Golden has not responded to messages for several days about the Penn State search. He's 22-15 in three seasons at Miami, spending much of that time dealing with the now-closed NCAA investigation revolving around the actions of a former booster.

just passing along, i hope its not true, i want new blood in Miami.

Advertisement
So basically the hold up is he can't bring D'Ono as DC, and his alternative is to stay here and have our boosters demand they fire him anyway? Either way, AG cannot continue to have a career with Mark Donofrio as his defensive coordinator. Therefore, I don't see this is an actual sticking point. I think he's going to pull for his guy, and if he doesn't get what he wants, he'll still go.

Is something going on behind the scenes with them or nah? Jk but I know I wouldn't jeopardize my career and job for one of my friends....

If Dorito was really Al's friend, he would quit.
Seriously. Just look at what happened with the Titans and Mike Munchak. He didnt wanna make staff changes so they fired him. The guy(s) whose job he was trying to save should be ashamed.

Advertisement
yes, just think about it. If u were golden, what do u choose? 3m over 2m plus less expectation

3. PSU pedigree

The writing is on the wall man. I don't know what else to say...

Advertisement
Back