Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't help but laugh at all of this..

We are so freaking diehard man. We are probably the only people in the country that give a **** right now.

You mean Cane fans are the only ones who care the weekend before season ends who are coach will be the foreseeable future, who would have thought?

Advertisement
There's really no reason for Blake/Miami to make that kind of power play (firing D'Nofrio) as a "pre-emptive" measure...

#1 it looks petty and is punitive.

#2 if Al comes back with his tail between his legs b/c PSU went a different way, they're still well within their rights to zip D'Nofrio, whether Al likes it or not.

Al can bite his pillow, or take a powder. Either way, Miami has the leverage at that point, and should wield it hard.

The only question is whether Blake James or Shalala have the brains (or the balls) to actually do it.

So you agree that UM should fire Duh, but you don't think they should do it as a pre-emptive strike? I don't even know what doing it as a pre-emptive strike means.

I said if BFA gets rejected by PUS, then UM needs to fire Duh. Al can then either continue on without Duh (and still fail and eventually get fired), or he can quit, which is what Joe Rose said he'd do if UM fires Duh. It's a great move by UM, though, because if Al shows some fortitude and quits, then they save the buyout money.

"I could be wrong, but if there is a coaching change, new commits and EE recruits can transfer without waiting (S. Henderson came here from USC due to it)."

That only applies to schools who received sanctions after signing day and to players currently on the roster.

Advertisement
There's really no reason for Blake/Miami to make that kind of power play (firing D'Nofrio) as a "pre-emptive" measure...

#2 if Al comes back with his tail between his legs b/c PSU went a different way, they're still well within their rights to zip D'Nofrio, whether Al likes it or not.

Al can bite his pillow, or take a powder. Either way, Miami has the leverage at that point, and should wield it hard.

The only question is whether Blake James or Shalala have the brains (or the balls) to actually do it.

Disagree. It's irrelevant how it looks. Relevant is what it does to the relationship and forces Golden to basically resign (if he really is going to stick by his guns).

You're basically making it very clear that

A) This **** ain't getting you a raise. You have to earn that by actually WINNING
B) We're not going to allow you to continue to mire in defensive mediocrity simply because you "believe" in a certain guy/system.

It becomes elementary from there...either Golden gets the PSU gig, comes back here understanding that not only is change recommended...but it isn't an option, or he resigns. You're going into year ****ing 4 so it's time to win. The other thing it does it puts this ****er in his place and let's him know a raise is only coming once you actually DO SOMETHING.

So yeah...you power play the **** out of that fat *******, and it needs to happen immediately. We might just get lucky and he'll resign as a result. Worst case we get major changes to the staff which is what we all originally wanted.

You sound like someone who wants to go to the mattresses (e.g. go to war like in the Godfather) which I get. Fine.

But tell me how doing it on a pre-emptive basis is any different in the end, than doing it after the fact, when he doesn't get the gig?

He isn't getting any kind of pay raise from this administration just b/c some other school showed some interest.... we just extended him if you recall. You only hold a gun to someone's head ONCE. Al (the whiny fraud) already did that when the NCAA little Nevin episode came about. After this charade, and his poor performance this year, capped off with the embarrassing bowl game blow out, he's got zero leverage.

The power play is equally effective if put into motion when he comes back, as it is when he's still considering his next step. He either has to accept it (we win) or he resigns from a $2 million gig in protest. Either way, we get something back for his little dalliance with psu.

Supposedly Penn St is interviewing another candidate tomorrow. Assuming that is true, Golden won't know until after that interview if he will be offered the position. Tomorrow or Monday morning at the latest we'll have the answer.

Either way due to no denial from Golden, he wants the position but has not been offered it. If he doesn't get the Penn St job I hope he gets grilled on Monday during the season recap press conference. Just my 2 cents

Advertisement
Supposedly Penn St is interviewing another candidate tomorrow. Assuming that is true, Golden won't know until after that interview if he will be offered the position. Tomorrow or Monday morning at the latest we'll have the answer.

Either way due to no denial from Golden, he wants the position but has not been offered it. If he doesn't get the Penn St job I hope he gets grilled on Monday during the season recap press conference. Just my 2 cents

Exactly. He is literally waiting to be offered that job while on our dime. It's pretty crazy they are allowing him to play us like this. They should tell him to pull his name out but then again the idea of a buyout is provably worth all this crap.

Beast pointed out on Al's brothers twitter page, that he (Al's bro) started following a bunch of psu based twitter accounts.

Advertisement

Disagree. It's irrelevant how it looks. Relevant is what it does to the relationship and forces Golden to basically resign (if he really is going to stick by his guns).

You're basically making it very clear that

A) This **** ain't getting you a raise. You have to earn that by actually WINNING
B) We're not going to allow you to continue to mire in defensive mediocrity simply because you "believe" in a certain guy/system.

It becomes elementary from there...either Golden gets the PSU gig, comes back here understanding that not only is change recommended...but it isn't an option, or he resigns. You're going into year ****ing 4 so it's time to win. The other thing it does it puts this ****er in his place and let's him know a raise is only coming once you actually DO SOMETHING.

So yeah...you power play the **** out of that fat *******, and it needs to happen immediately. We might just get lucky and he'll resign as a result. Worst case we get major changes to the staff which is what we all originally wanted.

You sound like someone who wants to go to the mattresses (e.g. go to war like in the Godfather) which I get. Fine.

But tell me how doing it on a pre-emptive basis is any different in the end, than doing it after the fact, when he doesn't get the gig?

He isn't getting any kind of pay raise from this administration just b/c some other school showed some interest.... we just extended him if you recall. You only hold a gun to someone's head ONCE. Al (the whiny fraud) already did that when the NCAA little Nevin episode came about. After this charade, and his poor performance this year, capped off with the embarrassing bowl game blow out, he's got zero leverage.

The power play is equally effective if put into motion when he comes back, as it is when he's still considering his next step. He either has to accept it (we win) or he resigns from a $2 million gig in protest. Either way, we get something back for his little dalliance with psu.

Because time is of the essence. EE's get in on Monday and NSD is 30 days away. We need a new HC yesterday and we can't even formally start that process until we get closure on Golden.

So you give the entire "process" a swift kick in the *** and force the result sooner. I still have a hard time believing PSU is going to take Onfrio so I have a horrible feeling Al isn't going to get the job. You need to force his hand and either get him to come back as soon as possible (understanding ahead of time that staff changes is a requisite) or quit RIGHT NOW and allow us to go get a Petrino/Butch/Chud/Schiano immediately.

The timing here is crucial. We can't just sit back and wait on PSU's timetable...we've got our own to worry about.

And like I said before...for a school that doesn't have unlimited funds like Texas, we need to get him to quit to save on the buyout.

if it means anything coach goldens brother just followed a bunch of pedo state twitter accounts

https://twitter.com/sheriffgolden

I guess that from The Breast?

3.jpg:large

Advertisement
Beast pointed out on Al's brothers twitter page, that he (Al's bro) started following a bunch of psu based twitter accounts.

The writing is on the wall. Golden has respect for the team, he is just waiting for the players to get back to tell them that he is leaving on Monday.....

Nah. Canes all over the country are represented in this forum, and there are many many more who are not on this site but who are hoping for a definitive step.

I believe and hope that he's gone.

A little FYI from the DC media, apparently the Skins are going to interview Franklin.

Can't help but laugh at all of this..

We are so freaking diehard man. We are probably the only people in the country that give a **** right now.

Advertisement
Back