Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
he is losing recruits. if he was staying, why not say so

I think he wants to listen, it would be a big pay raise. I think he may have miscalculated in that the job is his if he wants it, and PSU may be looking at others, it is not the slam dunk he thought.

The phucker factor for him on this is now pretty high, although he hasn't done anything wrong.

on the commits, we only had one player decommit, and it was wide known that he was considering it before this came up, used it as an excuse.

There's really no reason for Blake/Miami to make that kind of power play (firing D'Nofrio) as a "pre-emptive" measure...

#1 it looks petty and is punitive.

#2 if Al comes back with his tail between his legs b/c PSU went a different way, they're still well within their rights to zip D'Nofrio, whether Al likes it or not.

Al can bite his pillow, or take a powder. Either way, Miami has the leverage at that point, and should wield it hard.

The only question is whether Blake James or Shalala have the brains (or the balls) to actually do it.

Munchak also is interviewing. If you were PSU, would you choose a person that ran an NFL team for 4 years or Golden that hasn't been barely above .500 as a HC at college?

Munchak didn't crack .500 either.

in the NFL, I get it. But the experience in the NFL and College compared to Golden. It makes PSU have more of a choice than narrowed in on Golden.
but Al is a "Penn State guy." this is a big deal apparently.

Munchak is a PSU guy also.

Franklin is from PA..... so if PSU is now interviewing Munchak on Mon, what is Golden gonna do, avoid the EE's, radio and press conference until they decide?

Advertisement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Munchak

Mike Munchak info. Played at PSU from 1978-1981. He has never left the NFL from playing to coaching with Titans.

Can't imagine they would be interested in an average to below average coach with no collegiate experience except as an extreme fallback.

Don't get me wrong, not saying they do, but they are looking at him and Franklin along with Golden. If anything, I think Al assumed he would automatically get the job, and no announcement and Franklin interview tomorrow stretches the thought if that was what he was thinking.

Munchak getting fired is a variable that was unknown at the beginning till he was fired, which clears the way with PSU to look at him also.

I think it is Al's job in the long run, but this stretching it out is something I don't think Al foreseen, and then the weather delaying it by the day made it even worse.

Munchak didn't crack .500 either.

in the NFL, I get it. But the experience in the NFL and College compared to Golden. It makes PSU have more of a choice than narrowed in on Golden.

Franklin is from PA..... so if PSU is now interviewing Munchak on Mon, what is Golden gonna do, avoid the EE's, radio and press conference until they decide?

maybe, I think he miscalculated that portion. I put earlier I could see this going out to maybe even mid week, which would be a disaster for everyone. PSU is in the driver seat.

maybe, I think he miscalculated that portion. I put earlier I could see this going out to maybe even mid week, which would be a disaster for everyone. PSU is in the driver seat.

Wow. Al might have to pull his name. This is going to get ugly.

Yeah but the EE's will be on campus and the radio slot and press conference with Miami has been scheduled on Mon

Advertisement
If he comes back, I will assume it was because had two brains cells working and told him Mark could not come with him. If he fires Mark then I will believe whatever Al tells us. I cannot believe he is willing to destroy his career over a friend who doesn't care enough about him to get another job and set Al free. If Mark was his "friend" he would fall on his sword for Al.

12.png

[video=youtube_share;_woEHL3xqbg]http://youtu.be/_woEHL3xqbg[/video]

There's really no reason for Blake/Miami to make that kind of power play (firing D'Nofrio) as a "pre-emptive" measure...

#1 it looks petty and is punitive.

#2 if Al comes back with his tail between his legs b/c PSU went a different way, they're still well within their rights to zip D'Nofrio, whether Al likes it or not.

Al can bite his pillow, or take a powder. Either way, Miami has the leverage at that point, and should wield it hard.

The only question is whether Blake James or Shalala have the brains (or the balls) to actually do it.

Disagree. It's irrelevant how it looks. Relevant is what it does to the relationship and forces Golden to basically resign (if he really is going to stick by his guns).

You're basically making it very clear that

A) This **** ain't getting you a raise. You have to earn that by actually WINNING
B) We're not going to allow you to continue to mire in defensive mediocrity simply because you "believe" in a certain guy/system.

It becomes elementary from there...either Golden gets the PSU gig, comes back here understanding that not only is change recommended...but it isn't an option, or he resigns. You're going into year ******* 4 so it's time to win. The other thing it does it puts this ****** in his place and let's him know a raise is only coming once you actually DO SOMETHING.

So yeah...you power play the **** out of that fat *******, and it needs to happen immediately. We might just get lucky and he'll resign as a result (saving us the buyout). Worst case we get major changes to the staff which is what we all originally wanted.

Last edited:
Advertisement
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 13m

THIS JUST IN: Charlie Strong has informed Louisville's athletic director that he is taking the Texas job. (via ESPN & Media reports)

He has NOT yet, however, informed UT that he is indeed black.

If he comes back, I will assume it was because had two brains cells working and told him Mark could not come with him. If he fires Mark then I will believe whatever Al tells us. I cannot believe he is willing to destroy his career over a friend who doesn't care enough about him to get another job and set Al free. If Mark was his "friend" he would fall on his sword for Al.

To be honest, the money probably means more to him. Look at Strong to UT. He can't take Hurtt with him due to the show of cause. That creates a problem for him, as I see Hurtt probably has dirt on him and isn't going to go down without some security. I believe Strong is trying to work a deal where Hurtt is guaranteed with the next regime to be placed, as the show of cause exception only allows him to work at UL.

Same could be in play for Dorito. Al is trying to find the best place for him, as PSU isn't blind and doesn't want him on the D. L. Johnson is being pushed into the scheme somehow, as PSU isn't going to leave him high and dry, so Al would have to choose if offered. I don't think PSU lets Doritio ride unless he can really sell a used car to PSU admin.

Advertisement
Can't help but laugh at all of this..

We are so freaking diehard man. We are probably the only people in the country that give a **** right now.

Golden is gone... His brother has followed nothing but penn state accounts lately... Butch Davis come on down. Begone al golden, thanks for leading us through this tumultuous time but peace out and take your sorry a** BFF and defensive coordinator mark donofrio.... We don't want him

I could be wrong, but if there is a coaching change, new commits and EE recruits can transfer without waiting (S. Henderson came here from USC due to it).

Advertisement
Back