Official Roster Weight Changes - 6/26/18

Ozone

Freshman
Premium
Fellow Canes -

The official team roster has been updated and I have compared the weights listed today 6/26/18 to the roster weights listed 2/12/2018. I believe the roster weights have not been updated since the start of last season for the returning players and beginning of Spring semester 2018 for the mid-year / early enrollees. In total, on paper the team has gained 580 pounds, 544 pounds not including walk-ons. Below are the weight movements by listed position group for scholarship players:

DBs:

DBs_06262018.PNG

LBs:

LBs_06262018.PNG

DL:

DLs_06262018.PNG

OL:

OLs_06262018.PNG

WRs / TEs:

WRTEs_06262018.PNG

RBs:

RBs_06262018.PNG

QBs:

QBs_06262018.PNG

Advertisement
Is it true that the plan is to put on weight in the summer because they typically lose it during the season? If not how is the weight maintained?

If Njoku can keep his speed at 225, he’s going to be a nightmare.

Also, I’m glad we’re adding two DTs that are good size, because looking at this list that was the one thing that jumped out at me. Well, that and Njoku being 225.

Advertisement
Good to see everyone on the O-line over 300. Looks like Irving and Pinc put the cheeseburgers away :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

That RB group is going to be scary good, 205, 220, 202 guys, two rated high 4 stars and one 5 star player...:richt:

Can not wait to see Njoku at 6'6" 225 dominate those 5'10" 190 lb corners in the red zone :s6ebnxo:

And maybe the "Kosi too skinny" folks will shut their hole for a few days.:stephenahand:

Advertisement
Homer up 10lbs! That kid is going to be fun to watch this year!

Perry is UP to about the same weight as a DB....

Fellow Canes -

The official team roster has been updated and I have compared the weights listed today 6/26/18 to the roster weights listed 2/12/2018. I believe the roster weights have not been updated since the start of last season for the returning players and beginning of Spring semester 2018 for the mid-year / early enrollees. In total, on paper the team has gained 580 pounds, 544 pounds not including walk-ons. Below are the weight movements by listed position group for scholarship players:

DBs:

View attachment 60872

LBs:

View attachment 60873

DL:

View attachment 60874

OL:

View attachment 60876

WRs / TEs:

View attachment 60877

RBs:

View attachment 60878
QBs:

View attachment 60879
Thanks for the info. Where did you get these numbers?

Advertisement
The Freak Rousseau is 250lbs? HOLY SH*T! He was barely 220-225lbs his Senior year, that's insane & shows how hard the kid is working in the weight room. Even if you were cycling on the Juice you couldn't get that big without putting in a ton of work. (NO I'm not saying he is on the Rone calm down)

Good to see Polendey is getting bigger, he needs to become a consistent blocker if he ever plans on contributing to this team.

Homer at 205lbs is going to be scary for opposing LB's & Safety's, he already runs with great power & explosiveness. He really lays it into defenders on the end of his runs, with more muscle on him he'll be trucking the fck outta guys.

Love that Wiggns & Hightower both have made great gains, Hightower is going to be a great WR for us when gets his chance. That kid has phenomenal catch radius & is a great route runner, very smooth in & out of his breaks. I expect Wiggins to play in 4 games but still redshirt, going to be tough to get all these WR's PT, especially in this offense. We still have Ezzard too.

Also surprised Jon Ford is just 300lbs, I legit thought he was already that big as a Frosh lol
Kid is a monster though, I think he & Pat Bethel are going to have a big time breakout season this year.

T
Also surprised Jon Ford is just 300lbs, I legit thought he was already that big as a Frosh lol
Kid is a monster though, I think he & Pat Bethel are going to have a big time breakout season this year.

I think Ford was definitely over 300 pounds as recently as the spring. I have read that people that saw him recently at the Richt camps noticed how he looks lean and mean.

Advertisement
Fellow Canes -

DBs:

View attachment 60872

LBs:

View attachment 60873

DL:

View attachment 60874

OL:

View attachment 60876

WRs / TEs:

View attachment 60877

RBs:

View attachment 60878
QBs:

View attachment 60879

It looks like the emphasis for LBs was to be leaner and presumably faster as opposed to other positions especially DL (McCray played DE this Spring).

You have to take those numbers with a grain of salt. I saw on social media Harley weighed in at 170 and Gil was right at 200. Either way it looks like we are becoming a much stronger and physical team.

Advertisement
Back