*** OFFICIAL ROOTING FOR THE OPPONENT THREAD ***

terdferguson

Junior
This thread is not for debating the merits of rooting for the opponent. There are other threads for that. No this thread is for real football talk from the perspective of rooting for the opponent (for the future of Miami football). Pre and post game analysis. Weekly matchups. How do Miami's numerous weaknesses match up with the opponents strengths? How will our roster mismanagement affect this week's game? So on and so forth.

It would be nice to get someone to do a write up before each game highlighting the opponent and how they match up. I would like to nominate WTH if he will accept the honor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You mean things like... "GT tends to run the ball at the goal line.... look for UM to play prevent...." ?? This could get fun.

Great idea, OP. This thread should be real fun once Nebraska and Cincy roll around, some opponents who actually have a shot at beating us. I'm definitely interested in reading some breakdowns by certain posters.

There's good and bad news for week 1...

Good news: If somehow, someway, somewhere Bethune does the unthinkable....I think we all might get our wish a lot sooner than we were hoping for at this point.

Bad news: We're playing ******* Bethune.

I'm watching a preview of our game, right now. Serena is eviscerating Diatchenko. This poor Russian girl does not belong within a thousand miles of the U.S. Open. Serena has far tougher warmup partners. Alec Baldwin just called her a "crunchy hors d'ouvres", for Serena.

All that being said, I'm still rooting for BC.

Advertisement
Even though it's Bethune and we'll probably win, there's still a lot we can glean from this game. I'm looking for:

1. The classic al golden engage and don't let go dline. I don't want to see anyone getting up field.
2. Out of position players. You know, AQM covering the slot. That normal retarded stuff. I have no reason to believe this has changed but I just want to make sure.
3. Idiotic personnel decisions. Dallas Crawford starting at safety would be nice. There's some hints of some really stupid dline groupings, like 3 dts and 1 de. And what about this Gage Batten guy? Could he be the next Ronald Regula? A random nobody the staff becomes obsessed with and makes an integral part of the team. Last time we saw Regula he was tackling Duke Johnson, botching punt snaps, and other buffoonery. Regula set the bar low, let's hope that Batten can lower it even further.
4. The oline to be as porous as I expect.
5. "special" special teams

Bubble screens to Coley.
Any one of our defensive guys that manages a sack or TFL and immediately runs off the field because Rain Man has got every down and distance scripted.
Conspicuous lack of crossing patterns by our WR- always a fan favorite.

I will look to see how much pressure Bethune can get on kaaya. If they bother him at all then you know we are gonna be in trouble.
I also want to see how we handle bethunes mobile QB, evidently the guy is good.
Should be interesting to see how corched up the special teams unit is. I think Bethune takes one to the house.
Also interested to see what the half time score is. Last time we played them it was 17-7 at the half I believe.

great thread idea OP.

Advertisement
Leonaro-DiCaprio-Zoom-in-and-Nod-while-smoking-Django-Unchained.gif

I humbly accept.

Check in one day before every game for an in-depth breakdown of our opponent and how they can topple Al Golden and save Miami football.

Last edited:
Folden is the fat neighborhood bully. You'll see the defense butch up against Bethune because Folden knows they pose no threat. Then the brokes of CIS will run in here talking about the one-gap savagery that Folden just unleashed.

It'll be interesting to see if they get any heat on Kaaya. Didn't Morris get injured when someone from FAMU rolled up on his ankle in a game that we should have won by 70? That **** nagged him all year. I'd hate to see Kaaya get dinged up, but I could see BCC getting some shots in on him.

Advertisement
Folden is the fat neighborhood bully. You'll see the defense butch up against Bethune because Folden knows they pose no threat. Then the brokes of CIS will run in here talking about the one-gap savagery that Folden just unleashed.

It'll be interesting to see if they get any heat on Kaaya. Didn't Morris get injured when someone from FAMU rolled up on his ankle in a game that we should have won by 70? That **** nagged him all year. I'd hate to see Kaaya get dinged up, but I could see BCC getting some shots in on him.
Yep. It impacted the whole season too.

Advertisement
BUMP

This is the greatest thread since 'Al Golden Memes/Photoshop Thread'.

The amount of 20+ yard plays they pull off is a huge indicator.

Also interested in how the second team matches up. I'm pretty sure our 2's and 3's are probably on the level with Bethune given the amount of attrition weve had.

Bethune, make this your theme song for the game.

[video=youtube;HgzGwKwLmgM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM[/video]

Advertisement
Back