Official Miami will stomp Fsu on 2/25 Thread

Wow, absolutely pathetic…whether they recover and get up 20+ Again or not. Between the refs pathetic calls to start it and the poor shot selection and lazy defense, this was hard to watch.

Advertisement
1676750942152.png

Lets temper this slightly eh? Bennett won a natty as recently as 2019, whatever he does it’s working for him. And that’s at a school with very high academic standards too.
He also was blown out the year before by UMBC as the consensus Tourney #1 seed. He values defense and a half court offense that certainly can win but ... is likely unpopular with potential recruits and limits "come back" ability in games.

UMBC was the last team into the NCAAT that year and just kept building their lead to an insurmountable level. That should never happen to a #1 NCAAAT seed and you have to ask why it did happen.

Also, UVA admission standards for basketball players are certainly no higher than you find at Duke, ND or UNC. Or UM or GT for all I know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know Wongs our best player, but I swear man...Everytime I watch he's either turning it over to end games or taking bad shots and missing hella.

He also was blown out the year before by UMBC as the consensus Tourney #1 seed. He values defense and a half court offense that certainly can win but ... is likely unpopular with potential recruits and limits "come back" ability in games.

UMBC was the last team into the NCAAT that year and just kept building their lead to an insurmountable level. That should never happen to a #1 NCAAAT seed and you have to ask why it did happen.

Also, UVA admission standards for basketball players are certainly no higher than you find at Duke, ND or UNC. Or UM or GT for all I know.
Exactly. UVA isn't Stanford in regards to academic standards for student athletes, and let's be honest: Bennett is a great coach, but his system also limits his team in regards to how often they can dominate. If a team shoots anywhere near decently, the Packline is useless, he's basically the new version of Boeheim. If you have a bunch of outstanding, upperclass players that are fine with playing that way, then UVA will win big.

Advertisement
Looks like it may be a tight one down the stretch. FSU looks faster and exerting more effort on both ends

Miami just has to pick the energy up. Energy goes up, buckets will start falling. Don't let this become a game, find a way to get some kind of mini run going here. This is where having Pack available would be huge, because he could always kickstart a run with a 3.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back