NHL Official Fla Panthers Stanley Cup Winners 2023-24 Season Thread

DerpaDerp

Herring, I need some
Started off with a bang playing a ton of juniors and blew out Andrew Burnettes ****** Nashville squad 5-0 and 5-2 in a double header. Was at Game 1. OEL is the real deal. Defense gonna be much better than last year. Reilly shows promise so does Benning but he'll do time in Charlotte before being called up.
Mackie is making a strong case for staying up and having a good rookie year but he'd be fourth line.
3rd line is shaping up to be Lousty - Lundell - Cousins (would be the best 3rd line in the NHL....fight me)

The Cup window is now open for the Fla Panthers. you are on the clock gentlemen.
As Tom Brady would say: Let's ******* go!!!
Excited Lets Go GIF by New England Patriots

Advertisement
Expecting a big jump this year from Anton Lundell. One of my favorite players on the team. You felt like last year he was just about to really blow up. He'll be more important this year to our success. He's the dude that makes that third line go. Losing Luosty for the Cup Final was a big loss. Really threw off the balance on the lines and had guys out there that shouldn't have been out there for those moments.

Also, looking forward to Evan Rodrigues...liked Duke quite a bit, but this might be an upgrade, especially on the powerplay.

I'm in wait and see mode on the defensemen...going the first three months without Ekblad and Montour is going to be tough. Coupled with Radko Gudas going to Anaheim (yuck)...defense is going to be one to watch. These signings are going to be asked to do a lot of heavy lifting early.

Also, hope Spencer Knight has his mind right and he's back on track to be the future guy. Its funny seeing how many former Florida Panther goalies/goalie prospect are starting goaltenders around the league. I'm hoping and expecting he bounces back and has a great year. Need someone to cover for Bob when Bob isn't in his bag,

Advertisement
So far the season has gone about like you'd think. 4-3-1, losing to hated Boston in OT sucked. They should have blown them out. Boston isn't great and they have lots of holes, but they are opportunistic. We lost it when we couldn't score in a 5 min Major. :mad:

So far the season has gone about like you'd think. 4-3-1, losing to hated Boston in OT sucked. They should have blown them out. Boston isn't great and they have lots of holes, but they are opportunistic. We lost it when we couldn't score in a 5 min Major. :mad:

Since...12-5-1.

Reinhart having a career year so far. The best he's ever played over a significant stretch.
Evan Rodrigues looks every bit of the good acquisition we had hoped.
OEL really coming through as that key defensive acquisition we had hoped. Mikkola, too.

Stolarz a nice little backup.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back