Official Fire Mark Richt Thread

Mark Richt Will Lead Miami to the CFB Playoffs Next Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Say what you will about Donna Shalala, but Miami climbed in the rankings for undergrad and law school while she was there. Under Dr. Foolio Frenk, Miami has dropped precipitously. Frenk should be the first to go. New school Prez needs to understand that when Miami wins championships, applications go up, which means Miami can be more selective about admissions, which means going up in the school rankings. Im not going to lie, a big reason I enrolled at the law school is that Miami had just won a national championship and I was excited about the school.

New school Prez needs to get a new AD immediately, then hire a new HC. I'm fine with pulling a Texas Tech and grabbing UCF's entire staff (also Jon Gruden might be available if anyone is interested). I'd also accept Mike Leach, Butch Davis, or the grand prize, Chris Petersen.

Then in basketball, go hard after the HC of Wichita State, Villanova, or Gonzaga.

Baseball- Id go with assistants from top programs like McMullan from UVA or Nate Yeskie from Or St for next HC. Ridiculous that DiMare is the new HC.

Top to bottom changes and Miami could easily become national title contenders in the 3 major sports within 4 years.

Advertisement
Pride:

Also known as hubris (from ancient Greek ὕβρις), or futility, it is identified as dangerously corrupt selfishness, the putting of one's own desires, urges, wants, and whims before the welfare of other people, including the University of Miami's football program.

Pride: see above

Vanity: Rick refuses to give up playcalling because he doesn't want it to appear like modern offenses have passed him by

Greed: Rick will not give up 12 million dollars for the good of the program

Wrath: Rick lashes out at anyone who points out that his offense is outdated

Sloth: Rick has no sense of urgency. He isnt proactive and it takes 4 game losing streaks before he attempts to introduce any new wrinkles in the offense.

Gluttony:

Envy:

Lust:

To add to my previous list of coaches- I'd also consider Lane Kiffin on a 3 year deal with a super cheap buyout. I have a suspicion he knows all of Bama's dirty secrets. It serves no purpose to go public now since FAU isn't competing with Bama for recruits, but if he was the HC at Miami, the headache he'd give Saban leaking out information about Bama's corruption would be delightful.

For a similar reason, I like Mike Leach, as I have little doubt that he wouldn't hesitate to get his good friend Donald Trump to denounce SEC cheating and NCAA complicity. If Miami isn't going to win another championship, I'd be satisfied with seeing us burn down the NCAA.

Say what you will about Donna Shalala, but Miami climbed in the rankings for undergrad and law school while she was there. Under Dr. Foolio Frenk, Miami has dropped precipitously. Frenk should be the first to go. New school Prez needs to understand that when Miami wins championships, applications go up, which means Miami can be more selective about admissions, which means going up in the school rankings. Im not going to lie, a big reason I enrolled at the law school is that Miami had just won a national championship and I was excited about the school.

New school Prez needs to get a new AD immediately, then hire a new HC. I'm fine with pulling a Texas Tech and grabbing UCF's entire staff (also Jon Gruden might be available if anyone is interested). I'd also accept Mike Leach, Butch Davis, or the grand prize, Chris Petersen.

Then in basketball, go hard after the HC of Wichita State, Villanova, or Gonzaga.

Baseball- Id go with assistants from top programs like McMullan from UVA or Nate Yeskie from Or St for next HC. Ridiculous that DiMare is the new HC.

Top to bottom changes and Miami could easily become national title contenders in the 3 major sports within 4 years.

Can you please elaborate on:

- Jay Wright who has been at Villanova since 2001, won 2 of the last 3 National Championships.
- Mark Few who as been at Gonzaga since 1999, perennial Top 10 program, currently ranked #1, National runner up 2 years ago.

Why do you think now, they would be willing to leave after so long and numerous other opportunities at more traditional basketball schools to come to Miami?

- Gregg Marshall who as been at Wichita State for 11 years, turned them into a national power and makes $3.5 million a year

Similar scenario, do you believe Miami will be capable to go at least to $4.5 million a year to try and get him, even if he is willing to leave?

Do you have some insight into the Miami Athletic Budget that you can share?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back