Official Fire Mark Richt Thread

Mark Richt Will Lead Miami to the CFB Playoffs Next Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure how coach got entitled and lazy. Beat fsu two years in a row, hadn't won since 2009, won the Coastal last year for the first time ever, was ranked #2 during last season, had a top ten 2018 recruiting class, got the IPF built. This year has been extremely disappointing, lots of reasons how we got here. Coach has to fix a lot, staff, play calling (OC), on field personnel, special teams, OL, he knows it. Win the pitt game and bowl, sign a great 2019 class and start making the necessary changes. The man deserves the opportunity to right the ship. Calling for him to be fired is embarrassing.

This is common sense.

This board is full of retards.

Would be interesting to see this poll again mid August to see how many gullible people change their vote after being fed hype from this coming spring and summer

Too many changes have to occur and if they’re done right I could see us making a run at the Coastal. Our OL should be/has to be better than this years bloated sloth. What concerns me is the DL, if we are having to replace JJ on top of obviously G9, and am worried about our defensive depth overall; DL, LB’s (depending on who if any leaves early), and new starters at CB and Safety. We should be much improved by starting Perry the entire year unless Williams or Weldon can unseat him. RB wise we should be able to lean heavily on whoever is back there toting the rock, both young TE’s will be improved, and lastly the WR corps should be a overall strength. What I teeter back and forth on when attempting assess next year’s record are the changes that Richt must make at critical staff positions. If he doesn’t, the perceived strength of the team which should be the offense next year becomes a wash. Given all the pieces being replaced on the defensive side means we’ll finish at best 9-4 or worse probably 7-5 again (provided we beat Pitt @home Saturday). If he swallows his ego and pride and makes the requisite changes everyone knows he needs to do, the offense can carry the team until the defense gets their legs under them mid to late 2019. If that becomes the case, I can see us hitting 10-2 or even 11-1 as the offense should be able to put up @35ppg. We aren’t giving up that much defensively.
I agree with you. For me the 3 biggest issues are:
1. Offensive Line. They need to be athletic and dominant. More importantly, they need to be coached to be dominant. The young guys are more athletic. Are they being developed?

2. Defensive Line. Who will emerge as the top Alpha Dog? Nesta? Ford? It's going to hard if not impossible to replace the production and leadership of Willis. However, I think guys returning all have experience. They need to take it the next level. Hopefully they have learned from Willis in his passion and work ethic. Time for Ford, Bethal, and Silvera to be big contributors at DT. The wild card for me is Jordan Miller. He's intriguing at 6'4" and 330. The kid is quick. He needs to add strength, reshape his body, and master his technique. This is where Jess Simpson shows his coaching chops. I'm not worried about DE. We'll have Garvin, Patchan, Rousseau, and 1 or 2 freshman from the 2019 class. If Joe Jackson returns, then DE won't miss a beat.

3. Offensive Scheme. It needs to be adapted. A new OC would be good,, but we need the right OC. Richt needs to wake up. When we lost our TEs and went with 4 WRs, the field just opened up. It made it easier for our lineman to block. Our RBs actually had room to run. I was laughing saying, "ok, this is what a Big 12 team looks like." We need more motion in the offense. Not for the sake of just doing it, but because It's a competitive advantage for the offense. At minimum Richt needs to spend some time with some of the great offensive minds like Lincoln Riley, Kyle Broyles, and Lane Kiffin to get some fresh ideas to add to the offense.

I think N'kosi or Jarren or both will develop into an elite QB do I am not worried about the QB position moving forward. I'm more worried about QBs transferring.

Punting will take care of itself next year. Either Feagles gets his act together or the Aussie is taking his spot. Plus the Aussie can cover his own kicks (dude is yoked). Either way, the competition should bring out much improved punting.

Aussie Jucco Punter Louis Hedley

I think the secondary will be fine with emerging young talent. It helps that we'll have Bandy, Carter, and Finely returning as veterans. I do agree that the offense will need to carry us until the defense finds its legs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If he would make staff changes and adept, yes could succeed. But he is unwilling to admit a anything is wrong with his system, so I don't see any real success moving forward with current offensive system and staff.

So, while still in season apparently you and others think it's a stellar idea for Coach Richt to start pointing out all the weaknesses on his team. Also, apparently, while still in season you believe he should start listing all the changes he will be instituting...next year!

Only a coach who has thrown in the towel and was desperately trying to save his job would start dumping all over his players and coaches at this stage.

Not one person who posts on this message board has even the slightest clue what Coach Richt will or will not do next year. Every single word being printed on this site concerning that subject is at best rank speculation and water cooler rumors. And 90% of that petrified dung is negative and the most staggering example of useful idiots to the benefit of those competing for our recruits I have ever witnessed.

Advertisement
So, while still in season apparently you and others think it's a stellar idea for Coach Richt to start pointing out all the weaknesses on his team. Also, apparently, while still in season you believe he should start listing all the changes he will be instituting...next year!

Only a coach who has thrown in the towel and was desperately trying to save his job would start dumping all over his players and coaches at this stage.

Not one person who posts on this message board has even the slightest clue what Coach Richt will or will not do next year. Every single word being printed on this site concerning that subject is at best rank speculation and water cooler rumors. And 90% of that petrified dung is negative and the most staggering example of useful idiots to the benefit of those competing for our recruits I have ever witnessed.

This is a message board where fans express their opinions.

I have followed Coach Richt's career since he was at FSU. He has some strengths and weaknes. Making staff changes is not a strength. He sticks with coaches that are not performing.

His hand picked offensive staff and system are atrocious. He won't make the necessary changes-bring in a qualified OC to upgrade system and call plays. He is not going to fire or demote Brown and his son, whip he would need to do. Those are my opinion bases on Richt's history, his statements, and common sense.

I hope I'm wrong and I will gladly admit if I am. Will you admit you are wrong when we roll out the same broken scheme next yearr?

Advertisement
Dec. 26 | Quick Lane | Detroit Western Michigan* (B1G Nos. 8-9) vs. Miami (ACC No. 9)

This is where Richt is leading us...

Advertisement
Back