Official Countdown to Canes Football Thread

Advertisement

One of my All Time Favorite underrated Canes....300+ Tackles in only 22 games played.....I realize he F-ed up....but as Long as I live, I will always be grateful in how he treated my family...and ESPECIALLY my Son, who Nate took with him into Hecht for a Solid hr to kick it with him and other UM players in 99....Love him to Death for that alone...You couldn't shut my Son up for 2 days because of that act of kindness....Without question....one of the BADDEST MFers who ever stepped on Greentree...Nobody (and I don't give af how big you were), would F with Nate....Nobody......And @Canes Legacy ....No way should Nate be at #120 in the "Best Canes of the Title Era".....Nate would have started at UM the last 20yrs EASILY...

Last edited:
Advertisement
One of my All Time Favorite underrated Canes....300+ Tackles in only 22 games played.....I realize he F-ed up....but as Long as I live, I will always be grateful in how he treated my family...and ESPECIALLY my Son, who Nate took with him into Hecht for a Solid hr to kick it with him and other UM players in 99....Love him to Death for that alone...You couldn't shut my Son up for 2 days because of that act of kindness....Without question....one of the BADDEST MFers who ever stepped on Greentree...Nobody (and I don't give af how big you were), would F with Nate....Nobody......And @Canes Legacy ....No way should Nate be at #120 in the "Best Canes of the Title Era".....Nate would have started at UM the last 20yrs EASILY...
To be completely honest, off the field stuff was factored in. I know it really shouldn’t be considering the concept of the list (as it will with K2), but I dropped him a couple times when I was going back through the list. In my unbiased by outside issues opinion, there’s only four guys he has no argument against in terms of best Canes LBs ever. I could see him ranked anywhere from 5th best ever to 9th based on personal opinions.

Advertisement
To be completely honest, off the field stuff was factored in. I know it really shouldn’t be considering the concept of the list (as it will with K2), but I dropped him a couple times when I was going back through the list. In my unbiased by outside issues opinion, there’s only four guys he has no argument against in terms of best Canes LBs ever. I could see him ranked anywhere from 5th best ever to 9th based on personal opinions.
I gotcha....I never saw a player, let alone a LBer, who practiced like it was a NC game all the time like Nate....You could hear his hits from one end of Greentree to the other...People talk about Marley's hits...but Nate was even more devastating....

Advertisement
Advertisement

I was fortunate enough to see Nate star in HS as a one man wreaking crew in Texas , watch he dominate the 6AAAAAA State Championship. Star and dominate at Miami and the NFL.

Nate wasn't a big for a LB but.... to this day I have never seen a harder hitter on the field with maybe Jack Tatum of the Raiders being the exception.

I was fortunate enough to see Nate star in HS as a one man wreaking crew in Texas , watch he dominate the 6AAAAAA State Championship. Star and dominate at Miami and the NFL.

Nate wasn't a big for a LB but.... to this day I have never seen a harder hitter on the field with maybe Jack Tatum of the Raiders being the exception.
Nate didn't play in Texas...he played at Miami Northwestern...He grew up in Miami as well...

Advertisement
Back