Official CIS Endorsement: Manny Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I take issue with your incalcetrant and wanton character smear of an American icon.

Mr. Buschemi is a champion of the orphaned feline community, a legendary thespian, and an even better man.

I understand the only possible knock we can have on Manny is his recruiting. But is it that bad? Seems to me like sure he misses on signing some guys, but **** does he hit on the guys he does sign. Another thing I like about Manny is he is not associated with the Offense.

Did you save, copy and paste this from 2007..perhaps erased randy Shannon’s name and replaced it with manny???

Not a single person ever confused Randy Shannon with being innovative, adaptable, or intelligent.

He ran the same exact scheme for several years regardless of the offenses he faced, and didn’t make any changes while rushing QBs ran wild all over him for decades.

Advertisement
Can you do an Offical CIS Endorsement on Firing Richt? It would really get satisfy the masses.

1A562C2E-0F37-4E8E-AD7E-006F452F18BA.gif

I can get down with this so long as he is self aware enough to know that he should stick with what he knows best, the defense, and recognize that he needs to find someone just as smart and aggressive to run the offensive side of the ball for him.

If he can be a CEO/defensive coordinator, type of head coach, who can hire the right types of guys to run a high powered Miami style offense I think we might just have all the necessary ingredients to a national championship contending team.

Advertisement
Best Post of 2018 OP!!! Loved every sentence of it and agree - Manny should be made HCIW this offseason after the bowl game. Or at the very least Associate/Assistant HC. He’s shown the ability to continue to fine tune and hone his defensive schemes, develops players, and what he does get in the way of recruits have all seemed to pan out well as stud players. Richt would definitely see this as a knock so either he gets with the program or the bus leaves without him. We owe no allegiances to Richt despite this being his alma mater. We owe it to Diaz for what he’s done for the program in the short time he’s been here. Like you said, he’s a Miami Man through and through - it’s time for Blake James to add this to the ever growing list of To Do items for this offseason. This one gets 2nd billing to me only behind an innovative and energetic OC/QB coach.

Some posters do not realize that Manny and Richt are actually very respectful of each other and Manny is grateful Richt gave him the opportunity to be at Miami which is perfect coaching area for him. He could possibly be at a La. Tech or similar school again, but Richt having coached against him saw potential for what he could do with the type of players Canes can get.

Think he has really matured and adapted coaching philosophy from an all out wild blitz scheme to controlled aggression. Remember he was released from his stints at major schools after giving up record amounts of yards and points. He right now also has solid DB coaches and a very good D line technician (although new) at his disposal. Not sure about Patke as yet, but Manny wanted him.

Agree he needs some security but believe he would stay here for several years as long as he is compensated fairly. Head coach duties would be big adjustment for him and it needs to be where he can win and have strong supporting coaches around him.

So to sum up believe he would stay until Richt retires if he is given the opportunity instead of just jumping at first HC gig he receives.

Even better would be HC NOW! I fear schools with unlimited funds will steal him, I hope he loves the U enough to resist temptation of big bucks and if HC in waiting works they had better utilize every tool in the box to keep him at the U. This season was bad but imagine if D'on was still here we'd be winless.

Advertisement
Advertisement
100% agree with this. Richt can’t last more than another year. Secure Manny as our next coach right now or we’ll be rebuilding under yet another inept cheap hire who will struggle to win six games every year.

Kirby Smart proving that an intelligent elite defensive coordinator, with the proper aggressive attitude, can have success as a first time head coach at a big program.

And field a pretty powerful offense, too.

Manny Diaz is the CubanKirby.

I think Dabo Swinney proved that earlier. However, Randy Shannon proved to never promote from a failed coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back